Guitar Hero II: Play and Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
The games out now so LETS ROCK :thumbsup:

Picked mine up from Game this morning but have to sit through work with it under my desk till 6:30 :(

The insanely cool box is mocking me i can hear it!

Captain Speedy

Any news on the downloadable content and cost yet???

MattDX

I think it's coming a week after release and will initially be 3 songs which are:
RHCP - Higher Ground
Sabbath - Bark at the moon
Incubus - Stellar

No idea on pricing

Kieron

Distinguished Member
According to the American Xbox forums, next week.....

akane_1984

Two Questions;

1.Anyone using the stickers?

2.What have people named there profile/band?

SeaneyC

For anyone who's slightly disappointed with this game, do not worry, you have not wasted your £60/70/whatever. I have GH 1 and 2 on the PS2 and GH 1 is actually a lot more fun to play in my opinion. There's probably only about 10 songs I enjoy playing over and over again in GH2, whereas GH1 is much more hit than miss. If you are playing GH2 and thinking, this song is getting tedious and repetative, what's wrong with me, this game is supposed to be the nuts, you're not alone. The downloads will come, and then you truely will become a guitar hero finally!

Most notably Bark at the Moon (which i'd never heard before GH1) is going to be a download, and is by far my favourite song to play, even though i'll never finish it on Expert. Damn my fat fingers.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
I'm loving GH2, only song I'm after from GH1 is "Killer Queen"

That Top Gear theme is a nightmare though!

SeaneyC

I'm loving GH2, only song I'm after from GH1 is "Killer Queen"

That Top Gear theme is a nightmare though!

Think my top 3 tunes from GH1 are Bark at the Moon, Even Rats and probably Guitar Hero, just because it's so funny!

I don't like what they've done with the hammer ons and pull offs in GH2 either, they're a lot looser than in GH1, and sometimes i've pulled off solos and my keying has really been off on my left hand.

In fact i've just realised that i sound like i hate GH2! I don't - I just preferred the songs and feel of GH1. But at least they kept that hilarious rocking Bassist in the band!

akane_1984

me and gf are currently trying to out do each others scores on wolfmother 'woman' its on easy but neither of us has played game like this before!

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
me and gf are currently trying to out do each others scores on wolfmother 'woman' its on easy but neither of us has played game like this before!

Ok posts like this are clearly not allowed:lesson:

If im at work not having crazy Guitar Hero fun then no else is allowed to be having fun either lol ;)

Glad your having good fun mate i cant wait to get this home and give it a blast!

akane_1984

Ok posts like this are clearly not allowed:lesson:

If im at work not having crazy Guitar Hero fun then no else is allowed to be having fun either lol ;)

Glad your having good fun mate i cant wait to get this home and give it a blast!

Sorry GUNS the game is actually rubbish you aren't missing out at all :smashin:

Kelltic

Will I get extra points for trashing the guitar off my woofer and throwin the telly out of the window???? ;)

Kelltic

If you did, how would you know without the TV! :D

minor flaw in my path to rock stardom :cool: That and the wife isnt taking kindly to me calling her my Groupy-Chick and telling her to adore me unswervingly!

More practice needed :devil:

Krill

I've played it for the last 2 hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got well and truly humiliated on medium at first and had to go for easy to get used to it despite doing the training. I still am struggling with the song "You really got me" as the key changes are really close together. Tried one song on medium again and managed 3 stars but I just think my timing is appalling at the moment.

Must be said it is fun though. Rock on :clap:

Br0ken

Some one ban me from this thread before i do myself an injury! I can't wait to try it out, hope it's not a disappointment!

p.s Gears of Chords LOL!

screemer

Anyone having any problems with the whammy bar? Lots of yanks are reporting delyas on the whammy bar especially with the controllers with the ports together?

Cowden_harley

m whammy bar seems to only work now and again, but that may just be my poor execution. Ill try it out again later. THisa game is great fun though im loving it.

My band name is - Baltic Chimps

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Anyone having any problems with the whammy bar? Lots of yanks are reporting delyas on the whammy bar especially with the controllers with the ports together?

Working spot on here.

akane_1984

m whammy bar seems to only work now and again, but that may just be my poor execution. Ill try it out again later. THisa game is great fun though im loving it.

My band name is - Baltic Chimps

Ha nice name, first one I created today when gf was playing too was 'New York 2' . . I can get on average 3/4 stars on Easy some 5 Stars, gonna need a lot! of practise at this before moving up levels.

'you really got me' is annoying me too the very start of song i just can't get timing right. Really enjoying this though, amazing game and the price paid for this is but a distant memory now, well worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

StormAudio launches ISP Core 16 AV processor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cabasse launches limited edition Pearl Pelegrina speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 22nd September 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar