Guitar Hero II - Orders & deliveries

virtual22

The games out now so LETS ROCK :thumbsup:

Picked mine up from Game this morning but have to sit through work with it under my desk till 6:30 :(

The insanely cool box is mocking me i can hear it!

How much was it mate £69.99? Someone said last night playing gears of war that Game Station were going to be doing Saturday only for about £45 :eek: I phoned the local store this morning this morning and they just laughed at me :rotfl:

samat2001

Got mine delivered this morning from Choices...absolutely amazing - great fun...even for real guitarists like me! lol

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
How much was it mate £69.99? Someone said last night playing gears of war that Game Station were going to be doing Saturday only for about £45 :eek: I phoned the local store this morning this morning and they just laughed at me :rotfl:

Yes mate £69.99, did have it on preorder from shopto.net but delivery was today and i would have missed it and not got my GH:II lovin till next week and as i have a rare weekend off i was willing to pay the £7 quid extra to pick it up this morning.

EDIT: Just noticed you said Gamestation, i bought mine from GAME.

rio1981

Really sorry to clutter up this thread with this - given that there are those of you that are already playing it (sods!) - but I've never traded in at Blockbuster before, will they take unwanted films as trade-ins towards a game too? :confused:

D

Deleted member 380232

allegedly this game will be 44.99 in gamestation stores on saturday - not sure if it's all the stores or not though.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
allegedly this game will be 44.99 in gamestation stores on saturday - not sure if it's all the stores or not though.

Looking highly unlikely. Lots of people have rang various branches on the hotukdeals website - nobody seems to know anything about it.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59490&page=3

Quote...

"Well I just rang the Preston Gamestation Store as the Topic Creator said thats where he saw the offer. This is what the advisor Jenny said:

"We are having a competition in store on Saturday from 11am till 4pm. The person who gets the highest score on the game will get it for £44.99. The price for everyone else is £69.99."

There you go, rumour squashed. Why no-one else didn't ring the store is beyond me...."

MattDX

Distinguished Member
Really sorry to clutter up this thread with this - given that there are those of you that are already playing it (sods!) - but I've never traded in at Blockbuster before, will they take unwanted films as trade-ins towards a game too? :confused:

Only games for trade in as far as I know

jont

rss

PC World collect in Store for £59.99. It says pre-order on the site but I've just spoken to my local store and they say I can pick it up today as they brought the date forward from tomorrow.

xtra_time

You can get it for £59.99 at Blockbuster - I have picked one up today :thumbsup:

Captain Speedy

I just got off the phone with Powerplaydirect.com and they apparently cocked up a load of card transactions.

So a lot of people who got a dispatched e-mail yesterday didnt have their guitars sent till today. They use city link next day service who have confirmed these will be delivered on tuesday :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

virtual22

PC World collect in Store for £59.99. It says pre-order on the site but I've just spoken to my local store and they say I can pick it up today as they brought the date forward from tomorrow.

I just walked into the store and picked one up for that price with no pre-order, was just passing so popped in. :smashin:

rss

I just walked into the store and picked one up for that price with no pre-order, was just passing so popped in. :smashin:

Excellent news!

The site still thinks the release date is tomorrow but you've proved I won't be wasting a trip on the way home :D

Cowden_harley

Mine arrived today from gameplay.com via parcel force. For anybody still waiting form them.

C225

Distinguished Member

I think a late evening trip to pcworld could be in order for me:D

Intya

I just got off the phone with Powerplaydirect.com and they apparently cocked up a load of card transactions.

So a lot of people who got a dispatched e-mail yesterday didnt have their guitars sent till today. They use city link next day service who have confirmed these will be delivered on tuesday :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Prepare to be more upset, I just collected mine from them, they'd just whacked a label on the ACTUAL box and put parcel tape all over it, mine arrived torn and battered.

Going to contact powerplay and ask for some kind of compensation, I appreciate that I got the game at a cheap price, but I don't expect the product to arrive battered and bruised. I don't class putting some parcel tape around the box edges adequate packaging :mad:

EDIT:

After losing a lot of the box labelling to the parcel tape, I've found out why there was a tear in the box.

They'd torn it open to slide a receipt in.

Absolute clowns. I will NOT be using powerplaydirect again.

Intya

Just filled out an RMA form, and the label to print off states to attach postage. This has to be some kind of late April Fool's joke.

God knows if they're telephone line will be open tomorrow, but they've already had a rather strongly worded email. With them, Linksys taking three months to replace a router & shopto sending an order that had been cancelled, I really am wondering what I've done to annoy online traders :mad:

C225

Distinguished Member
Well just got back from PCWorld after the store showing as instock on the website the store had none and they never did get any.

What kind of stock system is that will have to try again tomorrow:mad:

BrianC

Got mine from Shopto this afternoon via parcel line, lucky really as if they had used parcel force I wouldn't have had it today as I was out at the time and parcel line put it behind my bins.

Sandman`

Did anyone here place an order with FOXY?

Mine hasnt been despatched, rang them earlier and they said they havnt got any left due to the demand, and wouldnt be getting anymore for around 5 days :(

Think I'm gonna cancel and head to PCWorld!

tianuk

Did anyone here place an order with FOXY?

Mine hasnt been despatched, rang them earlier and they said they havnt got any left due to the demand, and wouldnt be getting anymore for around 5 days :(

Think I'm gonna cancel and head to PCWorld!

Yeh I did an order with them, guess wot? hasnt arrived, think i will cancel too..but might they send it 2moro? u sure they havent got any stock at all? i mean.. they wont send ur game out?

Sandman`

Nah they said they had more demand than expected, the guy sounded like he didnt know what he was doing tbh.

Kept me holding about 5mins then said he was checking the supplier website, then said stock expected in about 5 days. Pretty unprofessional it was too, I've just cancelled mine anyhow.

I was trying to explain to him that on the website it said "in stock" even though my pre order said "awaiting stock", and he didnt seem to understand :/

Telephone 01534 885900
Name Foxy.co.uk
Head Office Address 91-93 Great Union Road, St Helier, Jersey. JE2 3WA

^ If you wanna try yourself, dont bother emailing them, I sent an email Sunday night and they didnt even make an effort to reply.

Markoos

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59490&page=3

Quote...

"Well I just rang the Preston Gamestation Store as the Topic Creator said thats where he saw the offer. This is what the advisor Jenny said:

"We are having a competition in store on Saturday from 11am till 4pm. The person who gets the highest score on the game will get it for £44.99. The price for everyone else is £69.99."

There you go, rumour squashed. Why no-one else didn't ring the store is beyond me...."

How weird... Jenny from Gamestation in Preston is a good buddie of mine!

Kieron

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for September 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
ASUS unveils new 4K OLED gaming monitors
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published