• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Chrispyphillips

Basically, I thought I'd come on here and brag about an absolute steal I just had when in town, but also, thought I'd inform ya'll of a good deal!

I went into my local Woolworths (Swansea) and saw that they had a Guitar Hero section at the end of one of their aisles! I pretty much ignored this, but when I went to the normal game section, I saw GHII for a measly £22.99! BARGAIN, I thought, but when I looked at the dedicated GH section, it listed the game for £27.99. I asked the girl to check the price and she told me it was in fact £27.99, but informed her of the price on the aisle, and was lucky enough to land the game for £22.99.

The price of £27.99 is still absolutely fantastic, so anyone thinking of picking up a copy of GHII, it looks like Woolies is your best bet, but check them to see if they've screwed up too!! I was well landed! So was the Mrs when I showed her Games price for it, £49.99!! "Better than half price!" Martin Lewis has nothing on me, to think I nearly bought this last week for £37.99 from Asda! :rolleyes:

Chrispyphillips

Just the solus MJC! Didnt know it was that cheap on play either! I guess with Rock Band very close, places are dropping the price of this to maximise sales! Its great that this game can be picked up at a very good price now! Its well worth it if you havent already got it, or only got GH3 when it was released!

(although I cant say I'm overly impressed with the new songs, but you cant turn your nose up at new content in games eh?)

Geordiepete

I just picked this up from Play for 24.99 too. Its strange playing it, it obviously lacks the polish of GH3 and the actual quality of the audio isn't as good, some of the vocals (especially Rage Against the Machine) are awful but the songs seem to be more fun to play, they just seem lto be layed out alot better.

Absolutley love GH3 and was craving more content but why pay nearly £5 for 3 downloaded songs when you can pay 24.99 for an extra 50+

:thumbsup:

RedAl

Distinguished Member
I just picked this up from Play for 24.99 too. Its strange playing it, it obviously lacks the polish of GH3 and the actual quality of the audio isn't as good, some of the vocals (especially Rage Against the Machine) are awful but the songs seem to be more fun to play, they just seem lto be layed out alot better.

Absolutley love GH3 and was craving more content but why pay nearly £5 for 3 downloaded songs when you can pay 24.99 for an extra 50+

:thumbsup:

I actually think the setlist in GHII piddles all over GHIII from a height, the obvious downside is they`re all covers. But they`re also much more fun to play and the difficulty curve is much more gradual as well. My love for GHII will never wane. I had some of my most satisfying moments on my xbox while playing GHII. Playing Sweet Child Of Mine, Freebird, Hangar 18, You really Got me, Hush etc... was an absolute pleasure and many times I`d started strutting around the spare room with the guitar to the above songs only for the missus to walk in, see me strutting (and wearing just undies as the concentration made me sweat profusely) then roll her eyes and walk out laughing.

Codehead

Distinguished Member
strutting around the spare room with the guitar to the above songs only for the missus to walk in, see me strutting (and wearing just undies as the concentration made me sweat profusely)

I've just been a bit sick in my mouth. :eek:

Hi/zuum

I've just got this today, delivered via Ebay for the not bad £36, better still the guitar is practically like new. Got it loaded up & thought right let's check it works, started a tune pressing the red,yellow,green buttons, nothing! wot! didn't realise you have to press the strum bar as well. Doh! :suicide::D

RedAl

Distinguished Member
I've just got this today, delivered via Ebay for the not bad £36, better still the guitar is practically like new. Got it loaded up & thought right let's check it works, started a tune pressing the red,yellow,green buttons, nothing! wot! didn't realise you have to press the strum bar as well. Doh! :suicide::D

LOL, the strum bar is quite a useful part of the explorer guitar! Treat it lovingly and use it wisely!

Hi/zuum

LOL, the strum bar is quite a useful part of the explorer guitar! Treat it lovingly and use it wisely!

lol. I had a vision of me in a real guitar shop making the notes on the strings but hearing nothing & turning to the shop assistant & saying 'what gives?' ...& then a line of men in white coats coming through the door to take me away. :D

RedAl

Distinguished Member
lol. I had a vision of me in a real guitar shop making the notes on the strings but hearing nothing & turning to the shop assistant & saying 'what gives?' ...& then a line of men in white coats coming through the door to take me away. :D

LOL, thats brightened up my day. We`ll keep it as our little secret, no-one else needs to know! heheh

Tufty McTavish

many times I`d started strutting around the spare room with the guitar to the above songs only for the missus to walk in, see me strutting (and wearing just undies as the concentration made me sweat profusely) then roll her eyes and walk out laughing.

I boggled when I thought you said that your missus came in wearing just her undies while you played guitar. Then I re-read it and realised you were referring to yourself. And I thought, "eeewwww!" ;)

RedAl

Distinguished Member
I boggled when I thought you said that your missus came in wearing just her undies while you played guitar. Then I re-read it and realised you were referring to yourself. And I thought, "eeewwww!" ;)

I agree, its a hideous image isnt it?

In my defence the room i play my xbox in is very small and once the xbox has been on for a while it does start to warm up and if I open the window the heavy draft causes the curtains to billow in front of my monitor so I have to put up with a hot room while playing the game and unfortunately playing with little clothing on. If its any consolation I dont have Moobs ;-)

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I Hope I have never played against you online on GH3....:eek:
I really dont want an image of someone in their pants sweating away while beating me :rotfl:

Well to add to this thread, i dont have moobs either....nah only joking ofcourse i do :D

Just picked up GH2 for a nice price of £16 from CEX. Game Only.

Looking forward to playing on this tonight :thumbsup:

Deftones82

Hi/zuum

If its any consolation I dont have Moobs ;-)

it's no consolation, you just made me goggle 'Moobs', 'cause in my sheltered life I'd never heard of them, I do now...shudders!

you've really taken this thread down a dark road RedAl with your sweaty pants & Moobs (or lack of them). :D

RedAl

Distinguished Member
it's no consolation, you just made me goggle 'Moobs', 'cause in my sheltered life I'd never heard of them, I do now...shudders!

you've really taken this thread down a dark road RedAl with your sweaty pants & Moobs (or lack of them). :D

LOL. I Like to spread a bit of cheer of a miserable drizzly day!

edwardtickle

Well i play in a nice large, well ventilated room, so i have none of the above problems :D I am waiting for a good price on the game and the guitar, but will probably end up going down the ebay route.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom