Guild Wars\Factions ??

drunkenmaster

Novice Member
Seeing as Guild Wars Special Edition is available in Game for £9.99 I am mighty tempted to buy it, but searching further there is a new stand alone version called Factions for 20 quid more.

Is it worth splashing the cash?

Bored WoW player

Seth Gecko

retired member
OK

a) don't expect another WoW - these aren't the games you're looking for :)
b) do expect games more akin to Diablo rather than anything else
c) both games are stand-alone. The prophecies campaign is longer than the Factions campaign, but both are good fun PROVIDED you're prepared to get past the early stages and bear with them.
d) jump on now, the third chapter NightFall is arriving sometime in October all going well.
e) I personally prefer GW to WoW - WoW bored me rigid (although City of Villains IS a good laugh IMO)

Failing that, pick up this months PC Format as there's a 14 day/10 hour trial. Activate it on the 1st September and you can try out NightFall as well :)

Garrett

Think the £9.99 is for a limited period, I got it at weekend and there we only 3 left. I still love WoW with a promise to get on MC but at £9.99 I may play it on my downtime or when getting stale on WoW and need a rest from it.

Oh the case I got at weekend had broken clips on the inside, I was going past an other brach yesterday and they seemed to have limited stock but they very kindly swaped the case for me.

Thank you Game and the assistant that did it for me:smashin:

drunkenmaster

Novice Member
Garrett said:
Think the £9.99 is for a limited period, I got it at weekend and there we only 3 left. :
One of their weekly deals.

I bought it -so who else plays and what servers are you peeps on??

Seth Gecko

retired member
Do a quick search for Guild Wars, there's a thread with a few people's names already.

Most people are probably on the European areas, but if not, there's always the international areas. There were good reasons to be on the US servers, but that was fixed a while ago sadly (items used to be different prices, so you could buy cheap on one server, sell for more and make cash!)

Garrett

Can you build characters on different severs ie one in Europe and one in America?

Seth Gecko

retired member
Garrett said:
Can you build characters on different severs ie one in Europe and one in America?
Not unless you have 2 product keys for two seperate logins.

There isn't really a need to do this, unless you want to play with Europeans and Americans (or Koreans, Chinese and Japanese....)

If you do, the international areas are good for this, but they tend to be much more of an international market for buying/selling. The only exception to this rule is the elite missions in Factions :)

Garrett

So whats the best region to go for Europe?

Seth Gecko

retired member
Garrett said:
So whats the best region to go for Europe?
Both are large communities - the US tends to be busier much later in the evening due to the time difference, but Europe is very busy as well and is splintered into English, German, French and Spanish areas as well.

You can change server 5 times though, should you wish to experiment.