1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guideplus on Phillips HDRW720

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dumpster, May 28, 2005.

1. Dumpster

Dumpster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone - last question, I promise.

In the Guideplus screen, there's a window, top left, showing the live TV. There's a padlock icon next to it. So if I'm watching ITV when I enter Guideplus, the box shows live ITV. When I highlight BBC1, BBC2 etc, the info panel says "Picture is locked to ITV"

Is there any way to remove the padlock so the channel displayed changes to reflect what is highlighted in the guideplus menus?

Sorry I've been asking so many questions, but the manual for the 720 is worse than awful.

2. JamesyC

JamesyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try accessing the guide programme screen by pressing the TIMER button then BLUE button rather than just the guide button.
    You should then be able to highlight a channel (anywhere in the channel row) and press ok to change the sky digi box to that channel. You can also unlock the thumbnail TV image though every time you move channel in the guide plus screen, the signal will be sent to change channel on the sky box via the dvd recorder....as if navigating the guide plus screen wasn't slow enough already.
    p.s. I believe this Timer then Blue buttons method only works with certain (older?) firmwares as Philips were kind enough to ignore the real bugs and "fix" this one. -J.