guideplus help

m0v1em4n

Hi all,

I have just got (fewdays) a Sharp dv-hr400h DVD/hdd recorder with Guideplus does any one know why it downloads at lease 2 times a day

the first is at 14.00 and then again at 16.58 why are they so close together ?
I understand that it need to download but why so often :eek:

Steve

sparky_paul

My Philips does not have a set pattern for downloading EPG data - it will try to do it whenever it has been in standby for a while. EPG data is transmitted all day, but they seem to occur more often during the night and the afternoon.

Mine will always download overnight when it's left in standby, but it will try during the day if the unit is put into standby, even if there is no new data available.

m0v1em4n

Thanks Paul, :beer:

The friday evening's EPG crashed my box on saturday when I tried to access the schedules everthing just locked up then after a moment or two the player just switched off, after another EPG download all seem well,

Its a bit spooky at the time (Friday night) when things went pear shaped I had Derrick Acorahs Ghost town Scheduled ( for the wife ;) ) to record but it was 25 mins late

Just seem to be downloading all the time :rolleyes:

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom