Guide to US streaming Services (Disney+ / Hulu+ / ESPN+)

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

disney-plus-brand-840x340.jpg

Disney+ is due to launch in Q3 2019 (around september) and will be Disneys main direct to consumer platform for the house of mouse going forward.

Bob Igor has said that it will be priced cheaper than Netflix.

Also, in the US or if you follow my guide below, once Disney+ has launched you will use the same log in and account for Hulu and ESPN+ where Disney will also offer a discount the more services of theirs you subscribe to

IMG_0344.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 92943

IMG_0331.JPG

Hulu is another Streaming service currently available in the US It is primarily oriented towards instant streaming of television series, carrying current and past episodes of many series from its owners' respective television networks and other content partners. Hulu is owned The Walt Disney Company (holds 60% stake) , Comcast (via NBCUniversal; holds 30% stake) and AT&T (via WarnerMedia; holds 10% stake.

Hulu has 3 paid Tier plans.
  • $8 a month ( £6.25) Includes Advertisements
  • $12 a month ( £9.38) Without Advertisements
  • $39.99 a month ( £31.25) Hulu with Live TV
What's arriving and what's leaving Hulu in Febuary 2019?
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/new-on-hulu/

IMG_0333.JPG IMG_0334.JPGIMG_0335.JPGIMG_0337.JPGIMG_0336.JPG

Guide for getting Hulu
Follow the setup guide below on your device

You cant use a UK bank card because of blocking on their part. I got a $25 gift card on instant delivery from here which i'll need to do every few months. But there's no Premium for doing it this way.

Hulu Gift Card - Digital Delivery in Seconds

D

Deleted member 92943

epsn+.png

ESPN+ is a $5 (about £3.91) a month over-the-top video streaming subscription service which is currently only available in the United States. It’s designed as an add-on alongside the traditional ESPN Sport channels which US Customers get through their TV package.

The service focuses primarily on overflow content similar to that of ESPN's existing digital service, such as most Canadian Football League coverage. Its launch content includes boxing (including Top Rank events and archive content through 2025), college sports events (including Ivy League events, with the conference having reached a 10-year media rights deal with ESPN prior to the service's launch), coverage of Tennis Grand Slams, as well as international cricket (Cricket Ireland and New Zealand Cricket), soccer (including Major League Soccer, the United Soccer League, the English Football League, Series A, Eredivisie and UEFA Nations League) and rugby union events (including SANZAAR tournaments, Bledisloe Cup, Currie Cup, Major League Rugby, Mitre 10 Cup, Pro14, and the World Rugby Sevens Series)

In May 2018, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced new five-year digital and linear television rights deals with ESPN, effective January 2019. 20 live UFC on ESPN+ Fight Night events per-year will be streamed exclusively by the service, as well as preliminaries for 10 live UFC on ESPN Fight Night events per-year.

IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.PNG IMG_0340.JPG espn-roku-screenshot-2.png

Guide for getting ESPN+
Follow the setup guide below for your device.

When signing up for EPSN+ I was able to use my UK bank card but when it says about ZIP code, make one up which consists of the numbers in your UK post code. For example, if your POST Code is TN23 5FH then make a zip code like 32350.

D

Deleted member 92943

Accessing these services from the UK

This guide is based on using an Apple TV 4 but Im guessing it should be the same for most other devices but I'll update accordingly.

• On the Apple TV, Go to Settings, Network and chose your connection. I'm using wifi
  • Scroll down and choose 'Configure DNS'
  • Choose manual and enter the following DNS Server 149.28.65.242
For the purposes of getting these services running, I needed to sign up to a free trial for Smart DNS Proxy #free, Unblock US & Global Websites #smartdns #usproxy

Here's the guide I followed, but so far it worked for EPSN+ and Hulu

For the Apps themselves, you need a US iTunes account and then switch between the different store regions.

m11rphy

I’m on a one month trial of HULU, however I don’t think i’ll Stick with it. Most of the shows I want to watch I can’t without signing up to the live tv package

D

Deleted member 92943

Also an hourable mention to both tubi and Pluto TV

Two totally free services which has content to watch. Tubi is movies and while not the latest, it's free movies in decent quality. Pluto TV is just a random mixed of TV content again free because of watching a few short adverts.

IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0348.PNG IMG_0345.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom