1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by avguru, Jan 23, 2004.

1. avguru

avguru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a little advice on a remote. Has anyone heard of the Guide Remote before? I was conducting a search and found this link on PC World regarding it.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114209,00.asp

It looks like it's availabe at RadioShack for under $50.

It sounds pretty cool that you serach what is on TV right on the remote. I guess you just hook up the remote to a PC and enter your zip code and service provider. Then pick your favorite channels to download. What a concept. Let me know what you guys think

2. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've had a quick look on an excellent site: www.remotecentral.com
    but couldn't find it... perhaps if you tried - you might have more luck.... otherwise it'll give you a great idea of remotes out there...

3. avguru

avguru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called the company and it was just released a few weeks ago. They are feverishly working on reviews of the product. What I find interesting is the ability to view the TV Guide right on the remote. I don't know about you but I have missed a few key parts of shows becasue I was looking to see what was on.

4. letitbleed

letitbleed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4