Guide plus

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by m0v1em4n, Mar 8, 2006.

Tags:
  1. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Hi all,

just got myself a Sharp 440 guideplus DVD/HDD recorder and since yesterday afternoon it as downloaded 3 update and as scheduled another for tonight
    is this normal, or is it just a new install thing :confused thought the downloads where once a week, the unit as been in standby the sky as been left on, presume this is needed,

Thanks

Steve

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    I think you may want to correct this...it's "Guideplus"

3. sparky_paul

sparky_paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    This is normal, when first started up Guideplus plus will update it's software and control files for external receivers.

The unit will then update the EPG information daily when the unit is in standby, usually at night - but it will update during the day if left in standby. By updating every day, the EPG always has 7 days of listings on it.

I've got Guideplus on a Philips, it doesn't need the Sky box to be left on, it switches it on and selects channel 410 using the remote mouse. Note also that you can also get the EPG info from analogue ITV - this is generally recommended - and still has all the data for the Sky channels. There is a procedure to follow in the Philips manual to select which source the EPG info is downloaded from, your Sharp may be different, so I would check the manual if you want to try this.

HTH:)

4. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks Paul :smashin:

That clears things up

Steve