Guide plus on the Philips HDRW 720?05

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gcdev, Feb 7, 2009.

1. gcdev

gcdev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this recorder for a few years and have had no trouble whatsoever with it except a strange problem with the guide plus. I cannot change channel on the unit from within guide plus. The picture is always locked to the channel that was being watched when the guide plus screen was opened. The instructions for guide plus say there should be a red button to lock or unlock the picture when the curser goes into the channel name column, this is not there on my set. Philips suggested that I update the software with their download, I have done this. Guide plus updated itself within 24 hours, loaded all the channels and the programme details no problem. Picture still locked with no unlock option. I think I saw the picture unlock feature briefly once during setup but have never managed to repeat this. Is this a feature problem with the 720 or am I seting something wrong?

2. nealjane

nealjane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I know this is old but here goes....

this feature wasnt included in the 720 although there was away round it [going into guide using timer button instead of guide button] but this 'feature' was omitted from the firmware v3 or later or so, - most other guidepus recorders let you do this, so i dont know why philips decided to omit it.....i did get it to work somehow once while i was messing around in the channel list it once let me change the sky channel - but ive never been able to get it to work again.