Guide on which brand media player to select (Dune, OPPO (clone), Zappiti and Zidoo)

Is there a Dune player which has hdmi 2.1, perfect bluray menu support, and AV1 decoding support?
Yes, its new 8K media player...

Pro_One_8K_Plus_front_2000x.png

Yes, its new 8K media player...

Pro_One_8K_Plus_front_2000x.png
Very interesting offering. Does it also play back Dolby Vision MKVs?
Thank you

Can someone link me (or PM me) where I can upgrade my A5 Egreat to the new firmware please?
I'm still running firmware 1.5.1.0! Would love to be able to use the new 3.0 poster wall for one and iron out the other small issues that upgrading seems to resolve.

Links I've found seem to be dead.

Thanks.

I own many current Zidoo models and have a Dune Real Pro and also the new Dune Homatics player next to my OPPO 203 used as my reference for PQ and AQ via HDMI.

Compared also Dune Max with Zidoo UHD3000 and for me these are on par for PQ including DV. The AQ using the DAC is far better using UHD3000 but in contrary better via HDMI using any Dune model.
The new Dune Homatics compares well too regarding PQ but did not see it better for DV. It also still needs auto frame-rate to get fixed for all rates to be included.

But for AQ via HDMI it scores the lowest on my media player collection. Having just a TV even with a Soundbar you won't probably notice the AQ differences via HDMI ever. If you can't hear the difference between MP3 320 kbps and native FLAC of a good source, then you won't hear this neither. On my own setup the new Dune Homatics sounds to me almost like MP3 128 kbps.

So new chips/soc's are not always better in all aspects. I guess they used a cheap crystal for clocking with it being en entry level player?
How does the 203 compare to these for audio/video quality? I have the UDP-800 and it plays iso really well so far. Full menu support. I watched my first full movie with it last night and there was not a single frame drop or audio issue. I’m double guessing myself if I should have gone the Zidoo route as I plan to tranfer all my disks to NAS in the next year. The magnetar menus look the same as the oppo so nothing special but it works. Really impressed with the audio/video. I was using a shield pro with Plex playing my uhd REMUX files. It did a decent job but I was getting frame drops and it drives me nuts. Last nights watch through of the Fugitive UHD iso file was just bliss on the UDP-800.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom