Guide+ G-Link cable to Pace 4010

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jch001, Oct 5, 2005.

1. jch001

jch001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have recently bought a pioneer DTR530H-S, I have managed to setup the Guide Plus system fine, however when i try and connect to an external NTL cable decoder it does not work. Now I have done my research, I am on the NTL-Langley network in Woking, Surrey and my NTL hardware is the Pace Di4010 Digital Cable Receiver. I have tried all the codes under this section even red-eye, although from reading other threads this box is NOT compatible with Red-EYE (use a standard RC5 based remote control system, apparently!). I have left the external receiver overnight on ITV to download new codes and I have tried Eurosport as well. But no new codes seem to work (the HDD was on standby).

Worst case I will have to put reminders into my NTL box AND program the guide plus.

I have spoken to Pioneer who simply said that this pace box was probably not compatible. has anyone got this working? I would appreciate any help. many thanks.

2. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I believe the download via ITV only works with analogue terrestrial transmissions. Can you try connecting an aerial and tuning the internal tuner. If you can get decent ITV it should work.

Perhaps Eurosport via cable does not send the Guide+ data.

3. jch001

jch001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks.

I have the Guide Plus channel information bit working. Its just getting the G-Link cable to actually change the Cable box to the correct channel, that I can't get working. If I lie and say the code it’s sending via the G-Link works, the channel information DOES download overnight.

On one of the other threads I noticed someone had got a pace 4001 box working using the following method. (selecting satellite and ALBA or BEST). I was wondering if anyone had discovered a similar obscure setup. cheers

4. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there is a download specifically for NTL Langley (you should have that installed by now) - but it only offers a handful of digibox codes

i had similar problem when i had ntl analogue (Philips just said it wasn't compatable - useless)

not detered i selected "other service" - tried everyone of 100's codes and found one that worked

all i can say is that there is definately a code that will work for you (unless it's red-eye and you'll need the adaptor)

if you choose other service - try them all - it will work fine - but you'll have to set all the satellite channel numbers manually (it won't be set to NTL) - but it will work

option B - tip a cup of tea in your digibox - tell NTL it's gone t**s up - and they'll give you a new samsung one (thats what they use now and it works perfect on the NTL/Langley settings (p.s. i've seen these on ebay for £30 ish)

5. jch001

jch001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent, thanks for the tip. I’m going to get on the phone to NTL to see about a possibility of changing to the Samsung box. Otherwise my 4010 might just have a nasty accident.

Tried a few other box codes last night (before I fell asleep), will try some of the other over the weekend.

As a workaround... If I do find a code that works, can you simply setup the correct Langley setup on external receiver 1 then the one that works on External Receiver 2. Then, in the guide setup alter the source program source for 1 to 2. And switch off all off 2's programs? Haven’t got that far yet, so guess that’s one for another day. Cheers.

6. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i tried it - and no it doesn't work - you will find a code for yours though - you might even find it under PACE - remember there's more than one code for each manufacturer - if it doesn't change to channel 12 - say NO and it will automatically try the next code

once it's working the digibox, all the channels will be there but set to sky channel numbers - you'll have to change those to NTL channel numbers - but again you only have to do that once

i never figured out why they don't let you choose digibox and tv service seperately

it's a pain but it will work fine after that

7. jch001

jch001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now tried every code for every box to no avail. unless I've got the G-Link positioned wrong or something. I must have a dodgey G-Link cable or maybe it just isn't compatible for my Pace 4010.

I will try them again with the G-Link in another position then Im going to shift focus on getting a new box from NTL.

8. jch001

jch001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a dodgey G-Link cable (I borrowed a friends). All works fine under the CORRECT settings for the PACE box.

I have now, cancelled the extra STB subscription to NTL so should save me a bit of money. I have ordered the Smart Eye and Blaster off Maplin instead.

9. tulloch2003

tulloch2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    @ jch001 I got the old Pace DI4010 box and can't get it working. :confused: What channel did you use to get the update please.

Regards Tulloch