1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guidance

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by luckydip, Sep 4, 2003.

1. luckydip

luckydip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newbie to the plasma scene and in need of some help. I have no equipment at all and am looking to start from scratch. I have narrowed the plasma down to a Panny 6. I have a couple of questions:

1) My principle source will be a NTL digital box. Will I need to get a tuner for the Panny 6? If so which is the best?

2) I am looking to spend about £1000 on a all in one dvd/speaker system. Any recommendations on compatability with the Panny?

3) Will a ultra scan improve the picture significantly and is it worth getting it?

Cheers

lucky

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    1. No you don't need a tuner. For simplicity you could get a scart input card, but there are other, possibly better ways.

2combined with 3, if you are contemplating £1000 for an all in one and £500 for an iScan, why not get some serious separates, you can get matched stylish ones from decent makers these days, and maybe something like Kef eggs, if you want the designer speaker look. Your results will be measurably better than any all in one, iscan or not. It would undoubtedly improve NTL, but that should be reasonable anyway. You could look at something like H-K dv25, + amp, + eggs, scart board and component vid progressive via the 15 pin vga port.