GUI and component not showing - black screen -help

Freefall123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sorry, if this is cross posting but I am not getting any answers in the owners thread.

Just bought Sony DA2400ES, Bravia 46W4500 LCT TV, PS3 - have all these joined by HDMI and also a Wii by component on 2 (DVD).

When i first connected these I could bring up the GUI by pressing the remote but I am still waiting for my speaker to arrive so have just been watching TV for a week. I decided last night to have a play around with the GUI after having read more of the manual and went to press GUI. The input on the TV shows HDMI 1 and just a black screen. it says on , on the the receivers display. I switched to ps3 - it shows on TV no problem but no GUI. I try the Wii - just a black screen, no GUI.

Do I have a fsaulty receiver or what do i need to do to get the GUI - I havent even calibrated the thing yet! I tried resetting the receiver as per the manual where it says "clearing" . |Tried pressing gUI then "Menu" and "shift-menu" - nothing.

Please help

Freefall

Have you tried pressing "MENU" after "GUI" is ON if nothing appears on the screen.?

EDIT sorry I reread the post and noticed you already had!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom