Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3 (May 3rd 2023)

Out of this galaxy or boringly down to earth

• Total voters
A reminder that Disney are a corporation after all, and the best way to keep everyone happy and makes lots of money was to keep Gunn on board.

Shame he'll be so busy now; he'd have made a very good Captain Marvel sequel I reckon.

great u-turn from disney!!!

from knee-jerk reactions to sensible decisions ...

Great decision!

I hope this starts a new precedence on social media, for companies to stop making knee-jerk reactions on the back of faux outrage.

Pandering to SJWs getting offended over nothing. Twitter has become toxic cesspool.

A few tid-bits online allude to Gunn and Disney having been in discussions on his return for months behind closed doors.

IMO, I believe Disney were conducting their own investigations to make sure Gunn hadn't been doing any actual "kiddie fiddling". Once they realised it was just text based humour (whether found funny or not) they decided to bring him back because... money $$$

Reading the interview, his exact words are "I relate to Rocket and I feel compassion for Rocket, but I also feel like his story has not been completed. He has an arc that started in the first movie, continued into the second and goes through Infinity War and Endgame, and then I was set to really finish that arc in Guardians 3."

So I think you can expect further development of the character - but having him as the focus of the movie may not be quite what he's aiming for.

Yeah, I like that idea too, throws a bit of a spanner in the works doesn’t it.

Not announced as being part of Phase 4. Only as ‘in development’

Reportedly this will be James Gunn's final Guardians movie, his trilogy

Funnily enough just been re-watching the first one tonight, as now Star Wars is done I'm continuing with my Marvel run.

It is a cracker the first film, the second not so much. Very interested in a third though.

I guess Pratt has Jurassic Park in his schedule though too, and a few other films no doubt.

GOTG 3 could be set before Thor 4 or who knows when ! With Janes return, maybe it’ll be all on earth and the Guardians drop him off there !? At this point, anything is on the table.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom