Guardians of the Galaxy Review & Comments

Finished pc version with rtx3080,insane visuals.
Game is 9.5 od 10 for me because there are some small tehnical problems on pc.

One of the biggest surprises of the gaming year. I'll be getting a copy soon when I'm done with Far Cry 6. No co-op or multiplayer, purely single player only, isn't a Bad in my book BTW. :)

i have been saying this for a year now : "the ps5/series X are a joke"
99% of games out there are cross gen...and even the simplest of them cannot even do 4k@60fps"

glad i am on a ps4 pro...as there is no difference between the systems ! screw the new hardware...i will wait for the ps5 pro...and decide

99% of games out there are cross gen...and even the simplest of them cannot even do 4k@60fps"

glad i am on a ps4 pro...as there is no difference between the systems ! screw the new hardware...i will wait for the ps5 pro...and decide
Just playing demons souls and ratchet and clank made it worthwhile for me. Plus there's an improvement for a lot of the games, visually and in loading times.

Those games are the 1%...
As for loadings... Who cares.. It is nice but splashing 500 euros for that is stupid...

Those games are the 1%...
As for loadings... Who cares.. It is nice but splashing 500 euros for that is stupid...
Maybe but that 1% makes up 90% of my gaming whilst I've got them and I don't play that many games anyway so plenty worth it for me in that sense.
And I was always planning on getting one so whys it a waste? I did the same with the ps4 and it still works fine.

Will definitely be getting this as will ask it for christmas. Can anyone say if the Dualsense uses any haptic feedback or the triggers well in this game? Currently have both consoles but if the Dualsense is worked well in this then I would rather a PS5 version

Will definitely be getting this as will ask it for christmas. Can anyone say if the Dualsense uses any haptic feedback or the triggers well in this game? Currently have both consoles but if the Dualsense is worked well in this then I would rather a PS5 version
Yeah the games utilise the new controllers quite well. On hitman 3 I actually thought the trigger was broke till I realised that you had to force it like you would an actual trigger on a gun.
And all the others I've played use the new feedback as well.
You actually get updates just for the controller.

Yeah the games utilise the new controllers quite well. On hitman 3 I actually thought the trigger was broke till I realised that you had to force it like you would an actual trigger on a gun.
And all the others I've played use the new feedback as well.
You actually get updates just for the controller.
That's good to hear. I will definitely get it on the ps5 then. Have found not many new games are utilizing the dualsense as much as I thought. Astro playroom was to show it off but other than ratchet and clank no other game has come anywhere near that yet

You really are very wrong. The CPU in the Series X/S and PS5 is an order of magnitude more powerful. Once cross gen is over, which it will be during next year the truly feeble low end laptop CPUs in Xbox One/PS4 can finally be forgotten about. You'll then see a huge increase in physics and scene complexity, number of characters on screen, cloth/hair simulation and much more.

The GPUs are also a serious improvement, and the storage is just night and day. Once you're used to the tiny load times on current gen there's no going back.

Last gen is done. You can enjoy the last of the cross gen games in their heavily compromised state for a few more months, but after that you'll find yourself playing catalogue titles or buying nothing but indie games.

That's good to hear. I will definitely get it on the ps5 then. Have found not many new games are utilizing the dualsense as much as I thought. Astro playroom was to show it off but other than ratchet and clank no other game has come anywhere near that yet
Might have to play that then, it just seems to be small increments at the moment on most but then it's early times yet.

You really are very wrong. The CPU in the Series X/S and PS5 is an order of magnitude more powerful. Once cross gen is over, which it will be during next year the truly feeble low end laptop CPUs in Xbox One/PS4 can finally be forgotten about. You'll then see a huge increase in physics and scene complexity, number of characters on screen, cloth/hair simulation and much more.

The GPUs are also a serious improvement, and the storage is just night and day. Once you're used to the tiny load times on current gen there's no going back.

Last gen is done. You can enjoy the last of the cross gen games in their heavily compromised state for a few more months, but after that you'll find yourself playing catalogue titles or buying nothing but indie games.
well...yes...but that will be in 12 months ! so like i said...for now those consoles are a joke...

well...yes...but that will be in 12 months ! so like i said...for now those consoles are a joke...

Well the new consoles have improved every aspect of my gaming so well worth the money for me, great new controller, some fantastic year one games on both Sony and MS sides and everything is so much faster from the dash, to the store through to the games themselves whether it’s loading or fps. Just the improved acoustics of the PS5 has meant I’ve already used my PS5 more in the last few months than I did across years of owning the Pro.

Folk pay £400-£1000+ for just a graphics card to boost pc performance so I honestly don’t think four hundred odd quid is much to ask for an entirely new console.

Maybe you should try using one. Compare Horizon 5 for example. On Durango it's 1080p with DRS, 30fps and hugely reduced detail. On Anaconda it's 4K 60fps with a huge amount more stuff on screen. Loading times are also massively reduced.

I’ve found all the games I play on the PS5 are a lot smoother which is the extra horse power the PS5 has to increase the frame rates, just a smoother experience playing

The 'new' consoles are underpowered and are already struggling to present the games well, let alone in two or three years time. Cute use of project codenames Neko! I thought everyone had moved on from that given the official names are public domain.

The 'new' consoles are underpowered and are already struggling to present the games well, let alone in two or three years time. Cute use of project codenames Neko! I thought everyone had moved on from that given the official names are public domain.
I work in the game industry so those code names are all we ever use.

I think that is saying the consoles are a "joke" is it a bit extreme, but I do appreciate your point of view. Personally, I would have articulated is differently, but it is valid to some degree.

I've enjoyed and marvelled at being able to play games at 4K60FPS and even some games at 120FPS, but I do think there isn't enough content that I would enjoy available at the moment. We have come out of a major pandemic which would have impacted game development somewhat (perhaps).

I've played Ratchet & Clank, Borderlands 3, DOOM eternal and some remastered titles. Demon souls and Returnal sound too hard for my aging reflexes (I'm 50 now). From the reviews Deathloop would frustrate me. However, I'm also hopeful of high fidelity games being released in the near future. I may pick up Guardians of the Galaxy, but cross gen games have to work on the lowest spec'd machine to some degree. Moreover, it doesn't stop the games from utiising the hardware capabilites where possible.

I do confess I do like shiney new things and ended up buy the PS5 a year ago. I sold my first edition PS4 to a mate so he was happy. IMHO, Sony & Microsoft could have waited a year to release their consoles, but this is business.

That’s cute. How much industry experience do you have? Not enough to know not to break NDA I suppose. And I wonder if you know what product-as-person personas were by the console manufacturers?

Silly me, I thought I opened guardians of galaxy thread, but seems I have entered a kids playground.

Anyway, watched a couple of streams of this over the weekend and I'll definitely be picking it up at some point, really like the style of the game and it seems to have some great dialogue and personality in the game. Wouldn't be surprised if it eventually came to PS Plus, seems like type of game that would.

What games can't be "presented well"?

Silly me, I thought I opened guardians of galaxy thread, but seems I have entered a kids playground.

Anyway, watched a couple of streams of this over the weekend and I'll definitely be picking it up at some point, really like the style of the game and it seems to have some great dialogue and personality in the game. Wouldn't be surprised if it eventually came to PS Plus, seems like type of game that would.
Yeah looks interesting, not the usual type I go for but I do love a decent single player, and it makes a change as these types usually get slated in the reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom