• GOTG_4K (back info).jpg
    GOTG_4K (back info).jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 31
  • GOTG_2FC_4K (back info).jpg
    GOTG_2FC_4K (back info).jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
At last. Ordered from a zoom along with Ant Man with 10% thanks to my wife’s email address, heheh.

Looking forward to these being in the 2 for £30 deals soon.

Did anyone pick this up on release?

Transfer I was very happy with. HDR really nicely used IMHO. Here’s a pic (with Ant man that I got at same time)View attachment 1279560.

Awesome. GotG is in my top 5 MCU so glad it’s looking good.

Are the covers the movie posters or the same as what’s on the slipcovers?

What’s the best movies in 4K for marvel?
Has to be Infinity Wars and Endgame, Winter Soldier and Civil War and Guardians of the Galaxy

What’s the best movies in 4K for marvel?

Depends on what you mean by best. 'Avengers Infinity War', 'End Game' & 'Captain Marvell' all look great. They are not native 4K, as they were finished as a 2K digital intermediates. HDR is excellent.

Regards,
James.

Depends on what you mean by best. 'Avengers Infinity War', 'End Game' & 'Captain Marvell' all look great. They are not native 4K, as they were finished as a 2K digital intermediates. HDR is excellent.

Regards,
James.
Yes I did not know if he meant what's the best movie as in story or the quality of the picture, but took for the films story.

Sorry picture quality? Guardians of the galaxy 2 should look great in hdr.

Just ordered this and Dr strange!

I ordered Guardians of the Galaxy UHD volume 1 from Amazon which arrived today, however when it I opened the case I was surprised that neither disk in the pack said ultra HD 4k on it,they both said Blu Ray. One was plain blue the other had the cover art on. I tried the one with the cover art and it was a Blu Ray i.e. no atmos and no HDR etc, so I tried the plain blue coloured disk, are again no atmos and no 4k? Very odd, I've never come across anything like this before, I'm I missing something, can someone on here confirm when they've bought the UHD copy the case contains a disk which says 4k Ultra HD on it?

I ordered Guardians of the Galaxy UHD volume 1 from Amazon which arrived today, however when it I opened the case I was surprised that neither disk in the pack said ultra HD 4k on it,they both said Blu Ray. One was plain blue the other had the cover art on. I tried the one with the cover art and it was a Blu Ray i.e. no atmos and no HDR etc, so I tried the plain blue coloured disk, are again no atmos and no 4k? Very odd, I've never come across anything like this before, I'm I missing something, can someone on here confirm when they've bought the UHD copy the case contains a disk which says 4k Ultra HD on it?
That’s really odd. Was it sealed? Dispatched by amazon? EVERY 4K UHD disc will have the 4K UHD logo on it somewhere

Just checked mine. Both discs should have artwork on them and the 4K disc is identified clearly in my copy.

You can get odd things like this happening. I remember my 4K copy of Leon containing a a blu ray with the movie SALT on it. I guess it's a packing error by the manufacturer.

That’s really odd. Was it sealed? Dispatched by amazon? EVERY 4K UHD disc will have the 4K UHD logo on it somewhere
Yes, it was sealed, not sure who despatched it, I'll check.
Just checked mine. Both discs should have artwork on them and the 4K disc is identified clearly in my copy.

You can get odd things like this happening. I remember my 4K copy of Leon containing a a blu ray with the movie SALT on it. I guess it's a packing error by the manufacturer.
Thanks for confirming the logo on, very odd. Obviously Amazon are taking it back but thought I'd ask for my own sanity.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom