Guardians of the Galaxy 4K UHD

IGC

Loved this to bits -the remake/redo not so much. I even bought a dancing tree thing for my desk :D

UHD was made for films like this.

Back cover:

UPC: 0786936865646

Indiana Jones

Remake/redo? do you mean the sequel?

IGC

Yeah, very disappointed with part 2 just like Ant-Man 2 and Deedpool 2 (which tried something a bit different at least).

Still, a classic for sure.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Love the first film and yes, the second was a bit of a disappointment.

Will be ordering Vol. 1 for sure.

Timh129

I actually love both films .

I think the second one is under rated as it’s not got that surprise when you saw the first one . The second one has a great story and people like Drax , Rocket and yondoo really steal the show . First soundtrack is miles better though !!! Redbone track is a killer .

So glad this is coming on UHD to complete the MCU 4K set , it won’t look as amazing as you would hope with 2k di but HDR will make it pop and who needs a nudge to watch this again .....

I’ll import who knows when they will release it here plus you get digital copy as well for a few pounds more . I really think the UK gets a bad ride for what we pay £25 for a Disney 4K and no digital release the USA get it earlier and more bang for their buck !

darren68uk

I actually love both films .

I think the second one is under rated as it’s not got that surprise when you saw the first one . The second one has a great story and people like Drax , Rocket and yondoo really steal the show . First soundtrack is miles better though !!! Redbone track is a killer .

So glad this is coming on UHD to complete the MCU 4K set , it won’t look as amazing as you would hope with 2k di but HDR will make it pop and who needs a nudge to watch this again .....

I’ll import who knows when they will release it here plus you get digital copy as well for a few pounds more . I really think the UK gets a bad ride for what we pay £25 for a Disney 4K and no digital release the USA get it earlier and more bang for their buck !
Agree 100% with you - re us getting stitched, I imported my GOTG vol II 3/4K steelbook from the US, and as such decided to get the last three from there, so they will be on there way 1st October :)

stu D

Where’s the best place to get this from? Wow HD selling at £32.27 delivered. Anywhere else better value? Will the price drop at Wow after release?

IGC

Horrible prices! WowHD look to be the best at the moment if you can't wait. It's £35 ($44) delivered from Amazon.

These Marvel titles drop in price in the UK and Australia but there's not much hope for the USA.

£16 is my limit so I may have a long wait as I don't see any other English language release so far.

THX1138UK

Seems to be no news regarding a UK UHD Blu-ray release. Not available for pre-order on Amazon UK.

Stirling1978

The Thors are a month later in the UK than in US and announced a while after. Reckon maybe we’ll be looking at November for these.

stu D

I see this is now available to preorder on eBay for around £21 delivered from Australia. Seller called Beat The Bomb. States delivered between 30th Sept and 7th Oct which seams reasonable.

Anybody bought from them before and does that delivery time seem realistic from Aus to UK? Their eBay description says they dispatch preorders early where possible to arrive on release day - but mindful that will be for their local Australian residents. Would there be any additional customs fees to receive this?

Looking at ordering this - seems a good price and no sign of a uk release date as yet. And will likely be £25 when released here.

EDIT - just looking at their Aussie website direct, it would work out a couple of quid cheaper at aud$29.95 plus $4.95 shipping.

Last edited:

darren68uk

I have not used him before but have him as a saved seller as was given his details as a reputable seller that does seem like a quick delivery date It if he is like toys n films maybe he gets early releases of films I’m sure someone else will chim in , ive got my three coming from Bluraysforeveryone in October but they are Steelbooks and prob won’t get them till middle of Oct

THX1138UK

I see this is now available to preorder on eBay for around £21 delivered from Australia. Seller called Beat The Bomb. States delivered between 30th Sept and 7th Oct which seams reasonable.

Anybody bought from them before and does that delivery time seem realistic from Aus to UK? Their eBay description says they dispatch preorders early where possible to arrive on release day - but mindful that will be for their local Australian residents. Would there be any additional customs fees to receive this?

Looking at ordering this - seems a good price and no sign of a uk release date as yet. And will likely be £25 when released here.

EDIT - just looking at their Aussie website direct, it would work out a couple of quid cheaper at aud$29.95 plus $4.95 shipping.
I’ve not purchased anything from Australia, but I have purchased items from the USA and Canada via eBay etc.

For any item imported into the UK with a declared value in excess of £15, a customs tariff on top of the shipping fee is payable. The collection of the customs tariff is usually administered by the courier / Royal Mail and they charge a handling fee too.

You will also be exposed to UK VAT at 20% on top of the customs tariff and fees. So incidental costs can soon mount up!

Items valued under £15 are not subject to a UK customs tariff or VAT charge. Sometimes sellers ‘misrepresent’ the value of the goods they are shipping to the UK when completing the customs declaration - while this helps the buyer keep costs down, it is technically fraud and you could be considered complicit in illegal importation of goods.

It’s not uncommon for low value items to double in cost once all the fees are paid, so not always the bargain it may originally appear on eBay, but worth doing for items that are not available for sale in the UK.

Regards,
James.

Last edited:

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
I see this is now available to preorder on eBay for around £21 delivered from Australia. Seller called Beat The Bomb.
Cheaper from JB Hi-Fi, under £18 shipped.

No customs hassle as item is just under £14 before shipping.

stu D

Took the plunge at £20 delivered by ordering direct from their website via PayPal. The blu Ray itself works out about GBP £17 so hopefully they will declare it at £15! Will post here when it arrives with an update! The next cheapest was WOWHD at £31 so worth the risk...

Last edited:

stu D

Damn just ordered! Forgot about JB Hifi. Think I ordered something from them a couple of years ago ! See what happens...

darren68uk

dragontycoon

£43? I'd expect an actual infinity stone to come with it for that price.

Still no word on a UK release I take it? Isn't there some big MCU box set coming, or was that not for the UK either?

doug56hl

Distinguished Member

HMRC October exchange rates are on their website now and the JB HiFi AUD24.98 price is £13.69 and so well below the £15 VAT free import limit :smashin:

IGC

Yeah, likely Australia for me becoming a habit with Marvel. Price is about £15.50 at the moment at JB HiFi www.jbhifi.com.au/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2014-4k-ultra-hd ($24.98 + £7.20 shipping) but they have $5 off sale usually twice a month. I always email them and they refund the GST (VAT) too. Incidentally if you order 2 of the same item they only charge an extra 20c. I don't think think JB are customs friendly but twice I bought large items and they've gotten through. Too risky for run of the mill stuff though unRoyal Mail charges would take me over my budget slightly :D

I like spreading my spending around the world anyway.

Proper pictures of the US release:

dragontycoon

That's a really good price (and still no sign of a UK standalone release?)

Does your bank charge you currency conversion, where did you get the fiver off code from?

The problem would be if you got a dodgy disc and needed to return, but that happens pretty rarely. My last one was Braveheart I think.

IGC

No, oddly no UK release I can see. I see some hint before xmas of a Marvel Cinematic Universe sets.

The $5 or 20% off happens every 2-3 weeks I'll post if I see it.

I don't get a charge with one of my cards but it's usually 2-3% for most banks. Quite a few virtual banks now that charge zero too.

adann

Get a feeling UK release date will be announced this Wednesday. Most likely with Ant-Man and Doctor Strange.

UMAR 3:16

Was really looking forward to this but disappointing review......will stick to the Blu-ray then