Guardians of the Galaxy 2 4k UHD (August 2017)

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
I wish life was this kind but I can't see it happening yet.

But man! if it turns out to be true :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Fingers crossed but then Best Buy did also list Underworld 3D/4K and Resident Evil 3D/4K... That didn't work out so well.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Surely Disney will make an Ultra HD announcement before any disc is up for sale right?

That's like finding out you are having a kid from the cleaner at the Hospital. Yeah I'm excited, but I think I will wait on news from the Dr before buying baby clothes.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I remember reading somewhere that the director was pushing , confident that this would be Disney's first UHD BD.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
I remember reading somewhere that the director was pushing , confident that this would be Disney's first UHD BD.
He is. He even tweeted that he is "still working on it". I think Best Buy are probably going off that info alone.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Also if this does happen it's a safe bet they will be some of the most expensive discs yet, £29.99 I reckon. Disney always start high, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Loved the movie and it would look fantastic on uhd...Disney can take my £29.99 with pleasure [emoji3]
I'm glad I pre-ordered the GOTG vol2 steelbook at Zavvi now. If Disney do start with UHD, I may need to sell it. And my Kidney.

PS3 Kiwi

I'm glad I pre-ordered the GOTG vol2 steelbook at Zavvi now. If Disney do start with UHD, I may need to sell it. And my Kidney.

I'll get some steak, in preparation for a Snake and Kidley pie :D

Last edited:

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Loved the movie and it would look fantastic on uhd...Disney can take my £29.99 with pleasure [emoji3]
Yup my thinking exactly on a perfect example for a UHD disc and should look the dogs . Now just give us Volume 1& 2 box set :smashin:.

PS3 Kiwi

bluraysteel, over at blu-ray.com, posted that it is now confirmed that GotG2 will be released in 4K. There was no source link though.

He is the guy who runs all of the Blufans GB's, and I would tend to believe him.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
bluraysteel, over at blu-ray.com, posted that it is now confirmed that GotG2 will be released in 4K. There was no source link though.

He is the guy who runs all of the Blufans GB's, and I would tend to believe him.
Result :thumbsup:

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Didn't think GotG 2 was great but the image and sound certainly was, I watched it at AMC in New York - 4K projectors and Dolby Atmos and it was a right treat :)

kahlua

hope so.:clap:

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
I think Disney will possibly be looking at price a price tag of £25-£30/ disc. But if that gives the best picture (with Dolby Vision) and a proper immersive track ie Dolby Atmos then it still sounds reasonable to me!

Last edited:

midknight

Distinguished Member
Apparently there will be an announcement regarding the release of this on July 11th.....fingers crossed!

MagnusNikon

Wishing both of the Guardian Of The Galaxy movies will be out on UHD and with Dolby Vision to. Certain this movies will look amazing in 4k and HDR. Own the first one on Blu Ray and it's a good transfer in 1080p SDR picture wise. With 4K and and DV! Wow!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 92943

Once Disney announce 4K titles, I'll buy them in that format but I won't rebuy what I already have on Blu-Ray again.

Wedlock

This is why I never bought a Disney title on Blu-Ray since 2016 because I didn't want to double dip.
I have no problem waiting :)

yandybox

Distinguished Member
This looks like it's actually happening! Aug 22nd release date (US) so we could be between Aug 14 - 28th at a guess.

midknight

Distinguished Member
IMG_0499.PNG