• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Guardian angel

Bob

Prominent Member
[IMGlink]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/twadger/Images/IMG_0467%20512X700.jpg[/IMGlink]

Canon Powershot 710IS
Shutter speed 1/60th
Aperture F4
ISO 100
Focal length 5.8mm

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
I really like the symmetry of this stunning monument. I was thinking of something along these lines but didn't know of any even remotely as impressive as this. B&W was a good idea I think.

Bob

Prominent Member
Nice composition on this, and also like the B&W conversion as well - suits it well.

I really like the symmetry of this stunning monument. I was thinking of something along these lines but didn't know of any even remotely as impressive as this. B&W was a good idea I think.

It's located in Lawnswood cemetery nr. Leeds and known locally as the Angel of Lawnswood. I've tried to photograph this many times and I think this is my best attempt so far.

My plan was to darken the background to give it a sort of 3D effect and I think B&W is the only way to go with a subject like this.

Thanks for the comments guys. :clap:

Bob

Prominent Member
Very nice image :thumbsup:
Have you ever been to that famous cemetery near or in Bradford ? (I can't remember it's name, even though it's famous :D)
That's supposed to be impressive (I've not been myself).

No, not been to any in Bradford m8.

electrolyte

Prominent Member
This certainly says "Protection" to me and is a nice B&W conversion.

Very nice image :thumbsup:
Have you ever been to that famous cemetery near or in Bradford ? (I can't remember it's name, even though it's famous :D)
That's supposed to be impressive (I've not been myself).

My brother went to Bradford Uni and he has raved to me ever since I moved up to Sheffield from the South about the cemetery in Bradford for it's photographic potential. I've never got round to going though. I probably should.

lewmac

Established Member
Great shot, a most impressive headstone, would hate to think what that would cost today, something Del Boy would be proud of.

V

vulkan75

Wow thats an impressive place of rest:eek:..

I think whoever owned it spared no expense making sure they were protected from evil spirits.....maybe they were bad and thought theyd be carted off to hell;)

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom