1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guarantee's & Warranties

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RobShell, Sep 8, 2005.

1. RobShell

RobShell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guarantee's & Warranties

Going to buy a Samsung PS42S5H soon but i can either buy it for £1,500 with usual manufactures 1 yr warranty or buy one for £ 1,594 with 5yrs Guarantee ?

Was thinking of saving £94.00 but knowing my luck i would need the extended guarantee :suicide:

2. yellowpostit

yellowpostit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With products as expensive and complex as plasmas, no matter how well they are manufactured these days, I would always get the extended warranty.

Also, if you buy the 1 year, and then decide to extend it yourself sometime later through a company like Domestic and General, it can cost that much just to extned it by 1 year, let alone 4! So an extra £94 is a steal.

I'm buying a plasma with 1 year, and for D&G to add on another year is costing me £189!!

3. Not A Clue

Not A Clue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think D&G were charging £349 for 5yrs which wasn't too bad...have a look at their website which can give you a live quote

also have a look at their policy cover - i thought it was really poor hence I may give it a miss - namely I didn't like the fact that if it was uneconomical to replace the plasma you only got a % of the CURRENT retail value back

two - three years down the line if I had to claim I'd get a % of diddly squat back ! Most plasma repairs of that age will be uneconomical :confused:

4. p196

p196
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Check your credit card to see if it has extended warrantee as benefit. I know nationwide and citi both have.

5. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I paid £1499 for this model from john lewis with a 5 year guarantee. Get them to price match! :clap:

6. RobShell

RobShell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi tjradiohead,

I did, with Crampton & Moore and they price matched as £1534 (£35 delivery) i argued with JL about delivery but they wouldn't budge they said that would be the price i would pay if i bought it fromCrampton & Moore so therefore thats the price they would price match :mad:

The i have to pay £60.00 for delivery from JL because my nearest branch is out of the free delivery area :mad:

So i have had to pay £95 more but because of the five year guarantee i still think its a good offer ???

7. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Yeh still very good deal i got JL to pricematch at £1479 inc. delivery then I had courier fee as it wasn't my local JL but the woman got me this for £50 so total £1529 with 5 yr warranty I feel like the cat who got the cream! :clap: