1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gu10's costing me a fourtune

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by gino555, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gino555

gino555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i have gu10's right through my house and they keep blowing is it worth replacing them with led gu10's? do these give out just as much light as the 50watt standard bulbs? or can anyone recommend as decent bulb that will stand the test of time?

Thanks
    gino555

2. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    No, currently they don't. They are currently equivalent to roughly a 20 Watt bulb. However, the spread is low (i..e they re more like spots than floods) and they are rather blue light which feels rather cold. IN addition, of the three I bought for a test, two blew in a few hundered hours - not what I was expecting at all! To be fair, this isn't the general experience and I think I was just unliucky with batches. However, for the moment I'm living with just having a cupboard full of spares.

As for decent bulbs - ones from screwfix seem pretty good - they last and are very white. I got some cheap ones from Maplin & they were a false economy - rather yellow light

Cheers

Greg