GU10 dimming help needed

joshreade

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a light fixture which I want to make dimmable with a touch dimmer switch. At the moment I have LED bulbs in there which I know are not dimmable. I will quite happily use halogen bulbs because I know they can be dimmed BUT my ceiling lights bracket says Max 9 Watt CFL, why would this be? Can it cause any harm if I put say a 30 watt halogen in? The brackets made of metal so I cant see the heat being an issue

Assuming I can use the halogen bulbs, is it a case of just removing my old regular light switch and popping the touch dimmer in there? Or do I need any special adapter?

Many Thanks

Josh

Hello Josh,

30W halogen might be a problem, as the heat will be a problem thought the brackets made of metal. Why not try dimmable LED lamp with GU10 base? Normally speaking, a 4W GU10 LED lamp will be enough for replacing 9W CFL or 35W halogen spot lamps.

If you need some information about LED GU10 lamp please contact with me.

Regards,
Bill

Second the vote for dimmable GU10 leds - I bought mine on ebay. Make sur you get a trailing edge dimmer though!

Cheers

Stuart

Second the vote for dimmable GU10 leds - I bought mine on ebay. Make sur you get a trailing edge dimmer though!

Cheers

Stuart

Thanks for your vote. But ebay products are with high prices. I wondering why you don't purchase products directly from manufacturers?

Cheers,

Bill

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom