GTX860M BSOD error after latest gameready driver update

geekofwar

GTX860M BSOD error after latest gameready driver update

hello everyone, i have a laptop Asus rog g551jm windows 10 with double graphics, intel 4600 and GTX860m, the latter started showing BSOD error code : CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (i would get other code, when trying different things) after i updated to the latest game ready driver, 460 or something, i tried many things, like removing the driver and installing an older version that's stable, but that only worked in safe mode, i would get BSOD if i tried installing the driver other than in Safe mode , and when ever the graphics card was accessed in anyway, i get a BSOD, i also tried a clean install of windows 10 on an extra SSD i have, , but i kept getting the same error over there, eventually i settled for disabling the nvidia GPU and now i'm using the intel to avoid the BSOD errors, please i could use some assistance and thank you.

specs/Summary : Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 4710HQ @ 2.50GHz 46 °C Haswell 22nm Technology RAM 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28) Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G551JM (SOCKET 0) Graphics Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected]) Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ASUStek Computer Inc) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (ASUStek Computer Inc) SLI Disabled Storage 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA ) 29 °C 22GB SanDisk SSD U100 24GB (SATA (SSD)) Optical Drives No optical disk drives detected Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

Last edited:

munkay

Give this a try after a proper DDU uninstall - it came out today and sorts the TDR issue a lot of people were having when browsing (including me):

It does say the fix is for Ampere chips, but nothing to lose in trying. GL

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom