GTX 670 vs HD7950 vs GTX 760, I need to upgrade

Ultrascacchi

So basically I have recently built a new PC but have yet to upgrade the GPU. Specs as follows

i5 3570k
Asrock z77 extreme4
8gb Patriot 1600mhz
ocz vertex 3 120gb
wd green 1tb
gtx 460

All im requiring is that I no longer need to use a console. I want to be able to comfortably handle most new games at highest settings with REASONABLE fps. As in, I dont mind if its 40fps average for example, to me thats playable.

Its a toss up between the 670, 7950 and 760 but really dont know which way to go. Help appreciated, thanks

cokker

1080p? I'd pick up a R9 280 (non X), this is essentially a 7950.

I currently have a 760 and love it but I'm not sure how DX12 and future games (with regards to memory usage) will pan out.

Ultrascacchi

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it would be on 1080p. I have looked into the 280 but for what I need it just wouldnt be worth the price. I would likely get the gpu second hand aswell...

Swynol

i would get a 7950 over the 280, cheaper and same performance. also the new mantle stuff ati are offering looks good. managed to pick up a second hand 7950 for £130 with warranty on it.

musicman1000

Standard Member
I have just ordered a XFX Radeon R7 260X Graphics Card 2GB for £100 that is the best value i thiunk at the moment for gaming.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom