GTR 2 or Need for Speed Carbon collectors ed?

danny daniell

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was in my local computer game store & they have either of these in the 2 for £25 section (Rainbow Vegas was my first choice) Help appreciated as to which is the best game.

Cheers,
Danny:)

Depends if you want a sim or an arcade racer. GTR2 is a serious sim and would be my personal choice but I would highly recommend a wheel and pedals.

I would personally go for carbon, if your computer has enough power to really show of how good the graphics can be when high they are pretty stunning. That and the joy of putting a bodykit on a lambo. Yeh as above in carbon there is endless car customiseability- its an all arcade racing game. GTR2 is a simulation. Depends what youre into.

Thanks guys,i prefer arcade style really so i guess i`ll go for carbon....my pc is core 2 duo 2.1g with 2mb ram & ati 1600 graphics card,do you think this will do it justice? Vista gives me a score of 3.7 for gaming graphics capabillity.

gtr 2 will last much longer. With all the driving aids on its easy to get to grips with, but start turning them off and you have the best simulation available. It rocks in multiplayer too, proper online racing. :)

Carbon is the worst nfs game by some margin. Boring, repetitive and dull. Most wanted is much better so id get that instead.

But GTR2 is a hell of alot more fun imo.... Cars handle like cars, rather than jet powered shopping trolleys and with a good force feedback sterring wheel it is incredible. :eek:

gtr 2 will last much longer. With all the driving aids on its easy to get to grips with, but start turning them off and you have the best simulation available. It rocks in multiplayer too, proper online racing. :)

Carbon is the worst nfs game by some margin. Boring, repetitive and dull. Most wanted is much better so id get that instead.

But GTR2 is a hell of alot more fun imo.... Cars handle like cars, rather than jet powered shopping trolleys and with a good force feedback sterring wheel it is incredible. :eek:

Agree totally, NFS is a lame update to a game that has been around for a few years now, and will get boring pretty fast. The shiny graphics wont last for long. Burnout or Outrun are much better arcade experiences IMO.

GTR2 which I have only played a little intrestes me much more - especially the onlne aspects.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom