Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This could be the first official tease for GTA VI from Rockstar.

Basically, in their recent GTA Online update teaser, you can see a GPS coordinate at the bottom of the screen:

Putting this into google maps will give you this:

VI.jpg

Which looks a lot like VI. Too much so to be a coincidence, IMO.

Looks like there could be quite a few other straws in that environment to clutch at.

But if this does pan out to be true then I guess, going by previous releases, we can expect the full-blown game some time around 2025?

Id hope a full blown release sooner, its not like they haven't had time since the last release...

Depends if they've lost the best part of a year of development because of coronavirus? These software publishers will use any old excuse! And it only seems like a couple of years since RDR2 so there's another defence... :rotfl:

plas-main1.jpg

People see what they want to see. Look at all the so called "official hints" that people have raised over the years about DLCs and add ons etc. How many have actually been true ?
When information does leak ahead of a release, its usually due to people digging around in game files or people straight up divulging information they shouldn't.

I usually write this sort of thing off, but Rockstar have been known to do stuff like this in the past with easter eggs and the like.

It seemed a bit much of a coincidence that the coordinates are right on that shape. I'd expect more things like this as we get closer to a full announcement.

I'd expect to see GTA VI announced for the end of 2023 (to coincide with the 10th anniversary of GTA V). Then delayed until easter 2024.

Looks like there could be quite a few other straws in that environment to clutch at.

But if this does pan out to be true then I guess, going by previous releases, we can expect the full-blown game some time around 2025?

2025?! That will be 12 years since GTV first launched!

2025?! That will be 12 years since GTV first launched!

Oh sorry, it that too short a timescale for them bearing in mind the enhanced assets they'll need to generate for this generation of gaming platforms? :rotfl:

(That date was a joke, by the way, not a serious prediction... :D )

Red Dead Redemption launched 3 years before GTAV. RDR2 launched in 2018, 8 years after RDR. So clearly GTVI will be released in 2021. 3 years after RDR2 and 8 years after GTAV. :D

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption launched 3 years before GTAV. RDR2 launched in 2018, 8 years after RDR. So clearly GTVI will be released in 2021. 3 years after RDR2 and 8 years after GTV. :D

A remastered GTA Online is coming out in 2021. Glad they separated it out from the main game, I didn't want to have to buy it a third time!

A remastered GTA Online is coming out in 2021. Glad they separated it out from the main game, I didn't want to have to buy it a third time!

To be precise GTAV Remastered is coming next year for next gen consoles. GTA Online is too, as you say, but as a standalone release.

I usually write this sort of thing off, but Rockstar have been known to do stuff like this in the past with easter eggs and the like.

It seemed a bit much of a coincidence that the coordinates are right on that shape. I'd expect more things like this as we get closer to a full announcement.

I'd expect to see GTA VI announced for the end of 2023 (to coincide with the 10th anniversary of GTA V). Then delayed until easter 2024.
I know a guy that works for Rockstar, so I'll ask him to see if there is any semblance of reality with this :)

So much time has passed and still, no solid info...

GTA 6 news and rumors: when will Grand Theft Auto 6 be announced?

Not much of a surprise if you give it some thought. GTA Online is a quite stable source of income and as a result - there's no need for Rockstar to push things forward and they probably allocate their workforce somewhere else. I wonder - will we have to wait until everyone gets bored with GTA Online and that will force Rockstar to introduce a new generation of GTA or will Rockstar finally come up with new game just out of the blue?

2023 will be the 10th anniversary of the original launch of GTAV, maybe we'll see VI then.

Unless Sony plan on giving away free PSVR2 units to every PS5 owner, Rockstar won't have even thought about a VR version.😂

Could well be. 2021 and 2022 are presumably not happening so may as well say 2025.

At least after all this development time it should be a masterpiece.

They can afford to take their time. GTA Online makes them insane amounts of profit already. It's not like they need to get a new game out to earn more.

GTA V is still a top selling game every month and has been since it released.

True, it’s very much a cash cow that other developers can only dream of. Much as I hate the delay, I can see the financial sense.

Then we’ll all inevitably buy VI and the cycle will start over…

True, it’s very much a cash cow that other developers can only dream of. Much as I hate the delay, I can see the financial sense.

Then we’ll all inevitably buy VI and the cycle will start over…
Although I really don't want to, I have to agree. This, unfortunately, means that we will not witness as many new GTA generations as we expected. In case there won't be any major technological revolution in online gaming, I guess we can expect a pace of 1 generation of GTA per 7-10 years.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom