GTA: San Andreas The Definitive Edition is coming to Game Pass on November 11

Fe_man2000

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As the title - a standalone version of GTA: San Andreas The Definitive Edition is coming to Game Pass on November 11.

Can be pre loaded via MS website now -

1634935077177.png

this is great as its the only one I really wanted of the 3 and has saved me £55 quid really.

Vice City would be the only one for me but seeing as its not a remake but a remaster its a NO from me. Looks OK but still look like old games and for that, i'm out.

The games should play more like GTV5 as well. I do want to play Vice City and San Andreas again, so I'll definitely be downloading it.

From what I have seen it looks like you can only buy the three bundled rather than each game individually. The £55 price does seem very steep considering the three games are between 17 and 20 years old and the fact I paid £35 for GTA5 at launch as a pre-order for a brand new game, they're only remasters with graphics and controls updated to a point.

I am a little bit tempted to purchase this for my PS4 considering I bought Vice City & San Andreas on it a few years ago wanting to replay these games but due to the controller layout changes that occurred between the PS4 & PS2 and having only played GTA4 on the Xbox360 many years after it was released. The use of GTA5 style controls should make them more playable

The visual upgrades seen in the trailer to the settings and vehicles look acceptable but what the fudge have the done to the appearance of the characters? The original graphics were poor but they were reflective of what was feasible possible at that time, whereas these just look like cheap Disney straight to DVD/streaming animations with little in the way of detail such as reaslistic skin tone variation, hair growth and wrinkles.

27GB 😳

Quite keen to play these again with updated GTA5 controls. Should make San Andreas infinitely more playable.

27GB 😳

Quite keen to play these again with updated GTA5 controls. Should make San Andreas infinitely more playable.
To be fair, San Andreas is where the controls started to get a bit better, because you could move the camera around. I remember when it first came out, I was so excited :D

I'm disappointed that only San Andreas is coming to GamePass. I hated it back in the day because of all the over-the-top rapper accents and dialogue.

I spent a number of hours using the just BMX bike in San Andreas - it got faster as you got fitter and I could jump on coming cars by the end - hope its as fun as I remember.

didnt realise only gta v was coming to game pass... was looking forward to vice city.... not at £55 though!!

didnt realise only gta v was coming to game pass... was looking forward to vice city.... not at £55 though!!
I think most wanted to play Vice City again, probably why they left it out. I will get it, if I see it for £25 or lower, maybe. Plus, I have never paid over £50 for a game, usually cheaper if you look around.

I think most wanted to play Vice City again, probably why they left it out. I will get it, if I see it for £25 or lower, maybe. Plus, I have never paid over £50 for a game, usually cheaper if you look around.
i may buckle if theyve sorted the camera out and everyone starts raving about it :D

Vice city and San Andreas were amazing games but that was 20 years ago. And I don’t think they look that great either. And I know they are limited but it looks very cartoony

Having GamePass and PSNow its only VIce City that I'd be missing at no extra cost. Vice City is prob the one I'd of been interested in!

Having GamePass and PSNow its only VIce City that I'd be missing at no extra cost. Vice City is prob the one I'd of been interested in!
PSNow now £25. 👀

Can't wait to play this on Friday, from little we seen the graphics look like an improvement and a lot better than the current crop of games releasing.

Do you think they will allow you to buy just Vice City? I only really want to play SA and VC :)

Does this unlock today via a trip too New Zealand ??

Just been watching some gameplay clips of this and Vice City. The lighting looks better and everything looks smoother from the increased resolution but apart from that I don't think they've done much work on them. The movements on foot and driving look the same as the original games which looks horrible and janky.

I tried to play the PS4 version of Vice City a few years ago and made it about 30 minutes before I stopped as it was so bad to play compared to more modern games. As much as I'd like to revisit all 3 of these I think I'll leave them as good childhood memories.

when does it go live... i fired up earlier this morning just to have a look and got a "youre too early" message...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom