1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA: San Andreas Save Game File? **Spoiler within**

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by texasboy, Jun 14, 2005.

1. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I made a bit of a school boy error on GTA SA just know and have accidently deleted a save game file instead of loading it!!!!

D'oh!!

I was in San Fierro up to the point where you have to plant the bug on the ship, had killed Fizzy, T-Bone, and Toreno.

My latest save game I currently have available in just after you complete the 4 missions for Catalina, I think I've lost about 6 hours of gameplay maybe more.

Does anyone know if you can retrieve a lost save game from within the save folder??

If not it's not the end of world, but it would it would be nice if there is a way around it!

Thanks

2. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well in the old days, DOS had an undelete command. You just had to tell it the first letter of each file you wanted to undelete.
    Don't think there is one for Windows due to the way it deletes stuff. Might be some shareware you can download.

I'd let you have my save game but I've only just got to the bit with Catalina (and died when the petrol truck blew up).

3. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks Mr The Spoon.

I didn't think they would be a way around it to be honest. So I went all out mad with SA and got to back to the point I was at within about 3 hours.

So not as bad as I expected. On the desert missions now!!

Thanks again