GTA IV - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty

There are (ridiculous) rumours this Sony 'Big Bang' announcement on the 12th Ocotber will be GTA4 related.

Can't believe that for a second (and that's what the N4G story is getting at).

Spring 2008 for sure.

winstano

An early release simply isn't going to happen. A friend of mine works for R*, and he's told me that they've got everyone doing 12 hour shifts with no leave except Xmas in order to get this game ready for the April release... There's still a fair bit of work to do on it!

Moogle

Novice Member
has anyone been on www.shopto.net recently?

theyre bringing out the offcial strategy guide this month/soon , apparently.

weird.

spring 08 ftl!
I would say that isn't true and probably just a guess or estimate on their part. There is no way the strategy guide would be coming out this early if the game is out spring next year.

Widge

An early release simply isn't going to happen. A friend of mine works for R*, and he's told me that they've got everyone doing 12 hour shifts with no leave except Xmas in order to get this game ready for the April release... There's still a fair bit of work to do on it!
Now I seem to remember reading the delay was down to getting the 360 version ready. Perhaps the PS3 version is ready to roll?

Magus

I don't believe a word of this BUT I do enjoy a bit of 'rumour mongering'. Well teh story goes that on the official PS3 site, GTA has been stated for October release (I know that was the old date) but apparently the page has been updated since rockstar have announced the delay with the enw images etc BUT they did not change the date. On the home page a new message has appeared saying "GTAIV is now on the horizon."

Now the rumor is that Sony are announcing the PS3 40GB with the release of GTA for the holiday season!! :rolleyes:

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item78646/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV%E2%84%A2/

Moogle

Novice Member
Now I seem to remember reading the delay was down to getting the 360 version ready. Perhaps the PS3 version is ready to roll?
It doesn't matter whether one of them is already done or not as Take 2/Rockstar have a contractual agreement with both MS and Sony to release both versions at the same time. I suspect that they are having issues with both versions as it's been widely stated that both versions still need a lot of work. Spring next year is a more likely release time frame.

tomo28

i heard that its M$ delaying it because they didnt like the ps3 version being better so they want it all the same so ps3 version is having the extra stuff been stripped and graphics being put down all because xbox cant take the superior power of the playstation

Moogle

Novice Member
i heard that its M$ delaying it because they didnt like the ps3 version being better so they want it all the same so ps3 version is having the extra stuff been stripped and graphics being put down all because xbox cant take the superior power of the playstation
I very much doubt that is the case. As far as the power of the PS3 being superior it has been discussed to death suffice it to say there is no concrete evidence to prove one is more powerful then the other. Anyway that's not something that should be discussed here so back on topic.

I think Rockstar and Take 2 will release GTA IV when they are good and ready be it sometime this year or next year. Unless they come out and officially say it is coming out earlier then previously stated by them all release date information is pure rumour and speculation.

Shoki

Novice Member
Don't think it was ever confirmed which system caused the delay, someone from R* made a comment that the 360 version was holding back the game with not having a hdd as standard, so i think everyone came to the conclusion that it was microsofts system that was to blame, but that could be taken as they could'nt put what they wanted into the game and not it was actually holding back the development of the title. All ways thought there was something odd about the whole delay, i mean it as announced back in august that it was to be delayed, we're now looking at an april release, thats nearly an 8 month delay and if as Winstano's friend says they are working round the clock to get the title ready, well that seems to be a hell of alot of work to do on the game, so how were R* so far off with their estimate for release? Perhaps your friend Winstano could shed some light on the real reason for delay ;)

ghost5

Novice Member
Don't think it was ever confirmed which system caused the delay, someone from R* made a comment that the 360 version was holding back the game with not having a hdd as standard, so i think everyone came to the conclusion that it was microsofts system that was to blame, but that could be taken as they could'nt put what they wanted into the game and not it was actually holding back the development of the title. All ways thought there was something odd about the whole delay, i mean it as announced back in august that it was to be delayed, we're now looking at an april release, thats nearly an 8 month delay and if as Winstano's friend says they are working round the clock to get the title ready, well that seems to be a hell of alot of work to do on the game, so how were R* so far off with their estimate for release? Perhaps your friend Winstano could shed some light on the real reason for delay ;)
I suppose that all depends on which side of the river your looking from - over on the xbox forums they blame the ps3 with it being hard to program for, while over here we blame the xbox for not having a hard drive. I doubt someone from r* would make an official announcement about one console being blamed for the delay as that would cause that company (m$ or sony) to take action for bad mouthing their machine with such a high profile game.

as for the preview of this game, im disappointed on how quiet r* have been with not releasing any more details. I was hoping to know more about the multiplayer options, maybe a gameplay trailer and some new screens by now.

for_mandalore

Novice Member
I'm really looking forward to GTA IV and I'm still secretly hoping for a surprise release soon, although the chances of that seem to be in the minus figures from what I read here :(

One of the things I'm eager to learn is what the soundtrack is going to be. R* have got it spot on in the past so it's bound to great this time around too. Anyone know any tracks confirmed yet?

nofear01

Are there going to be any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions?

tigernuts

Apparently the ps3 game will only play on the ps3 and the 360 game will only play on the 360.

Lame. I know. To answer your question, I think they will be exactly the same - save for achievements on the 360 and downloadable content later - although I really really wouldn't be surprised if this came for the ps3 as well, possibly different. All a bit of a mystery at present.

winstano

It won't be out early. Twas the 360 Core system that's held it back. The only difference between the versions is the downloadable content.

The above 3 statements are facts.

jasinski

Novice Member
It won't be out early. Twas the 360 Core system that's held it back. The only difference between the versions is the downloadable content.

rockstar should have just said 'sod it, you want the game, stop being a cheapskate and get a hard drive' :D

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member

Do you have any hard evidence to back up these facts, particularly the one about the Core being the reason for the holdup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett