GTA:IV - Midnight Launch Discussion

CeeJay775

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As I say really, just wondered how many didn't buy online and pre-ordered from a High St store. My plans for tomorrow are, I am going to get up a bit earlier and sleep latter in the day. Say have my dinner then crash out till about 10pm, nip down a 0.00 and collect the gaming gold and come home and play untill 6am or even latter if i'm gripped. Its the only game I have ever wanted to go and get at midnight, I cant wait. :smashin:

I have 3 on order and the earliest one is down for delivery on the 1st may ... the other two on the 6th :( ..... so im thinking of trying a midnight tesco/asda run ..... or failing that a midnight reserve at argos and an opening time collect in store. Im off on tuesday and really want one for then. :)

Asda at midnight for me. Never did a midnight launch before so I'm not entirely too sure of my chances of getting a copy, when other people will get there (if anyone will even turn up in my neighbourhood) but I'm pretty confident I'll get one from Asda somehow.

If not, I'll sleep and go all around Liverpool tracking one down on Tuesday morning :)

game midnight monday nite.

my copy is already on its way from GAME online, but my mate wants it and hes only 17 so im doin the right thing and helpin the guy out :thumbsup:

Got a pre-order from Game so unless it comes tomorrow (which seems unlikely) I'll be in Tesco at midnight and my brother can have the pre-order when it arrives :smashin:

Not me. I'll be sleeping with the fishes at that time on a school night.

Be down at asda or tesco

i know game near me are doing midnight but i think its more for preorders and if they do have spares, i will have to wait till probs the end as they will server people who preorderded first

Well im working tuesday day so i may try and get a few hours sleep until 11pm then if i can find a copy at tesco/adsa play it all night then go to work

Gong with a freind to ASDA to get his copy so yeah me LOL :thumbsup:

getting a bit worried because few people on here are saying going to asda. So i am getting a bit worried what time to go down, as everybody else might think same thing and dont want to get there and be a big queue

When SA was out there was a massive Q at asda.

Yeah I'm planning on stopping a passing by night bus, throwing out the driver before running him over- I'll then crash into my local super-car showroom before stealing a pagani zonda and drive full pelt to my local tescos where I'll pull out my glok and mow down the elderly shp assistant before escaping with my copy being chased by the fuzz.:D

(yeah I'll be going out:))

I've got better things to do....like sleep. You guys have fun though :D

reading all these posts in this thread is starting to worry me a bit... I was intending on doing an asda run at 7.30/8am on tuesday morning. But with the sound of all these people going down for midnight, will there be any left at this time of the morning? Wot'd people think?

I'll be trying the local asda first, if not there then there's a big Tesco nearby as well. I think I saw somewhere that asda will send more to the larger stores. Our local asda is massive so I'm hopeful that they'll get a decent number of copies.

Im going to ASDA at midnight. :)

i might do a midnigh run with a mate to the 2 tesco extras locally. if that fails the other supermarkets which dont open late night should have stock to sell next morning. Game and gamestation will almost definitely be sold out as they do preorders. I remember buying san andreas from a big tesco on release day (not midnight) there was plenty of stock and GTA4 is unlikely to out sell that (bigger number of ps2 owners), so as long as take2 have sent out enough copies there'll be plenty to go around imo.

reading all these posts in this thread is starting to worry me a bit... I was intending on doing an asda run at 7.30/8am on tuesday morning. But with the sound of all these people going down for midnight, will there be any left at this time of the morning? Wot'd people think?

I asked at my big local Tesco and was told that they only have 56 and 23 copies for the 360 and PS3 respectively.

Well i thought not many will be doing this bust most on here are and i think there might be queues. So i might try tesco first as people always think of asda first and tesco is closer

i wouldnt go at that time, i would try and go early as you can

tescos is a good bet for sure :) they always do well with pre orders like got pes08 and fifa 08, but the q was long :) but i rang 1st just told the guy hold it on the side and ill be down in 5 :)

Anyone know what the deal with the Game midnight openings is? Are all stores open at midnight? If so surely it will be for people who have pre-ordered it first surely.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom