• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

GTA 'bust' my PS3 !!!

claretandblue

Standard Member
:confused: I got GTA last Tuesday and tried to play it on my Japanese PS3 but when loading the game (after accepting console update) I got an error message stating 'You cannot play this game at the current video output setting 80028F10'. I then tried on another TV (through scart) and still got the same message. I then attempted to change the settings of the PS3 to play through scart but kept ending up at a screen that had a preset tick for a 'ntsc' that I couldn't change to PAL - at this time I had no PS3 display (blank screen) when loading GTA (or switching on the pS3 without a game inserted ie no menu) but if I loaded another game (Rainbow Six 2) everything was fine. I then tried with a HD cable and a blank screen was displayed and then 'flick on' intermittently for less than a second - I have also now lost the picture via the scart method. Any help / advice / recommended repair shops would be appreciated !!!:lease:

GooN3r

Established Member
Have you tried a reset?

If not turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 system then press and hold the power button for approximately 5 seconds until you hear a beep.

darklight

Prominent Member
:confused: I got GTA last Tuesday and tried to play it on my Japanese PS3 but when loading the game (after accepting console update) I got an error message stating 'You cannot play this game at the current video output setting 80028F10'. I then tried on another TV (through scart) and still got the same message. I then attempted to change the settings of the PS3 to play through scart but kept ending up at a screen that had a preset tick for a 'ntsc' that I couldn't change to PAL - at this time I had no PS3 display (blank screen) when loading GTA (or switching on the pS3 without a game inserted ie no menu) but if I loaded another game (Rainbow Six 2) everything was fine. I then tried with a HD cable and a blank screen was displayed and then 'flick on' intermittently for less than a second - I have also now lost the picture via the scart method. Any help / advice / recommended repair shops would be appreciated !!!:lease:

I had this problem with a game once (Not GTA4. I Think it was Heavenly Sword) before I switched to HDMI. I believe some games only output on HDMI onto an HD TV. Are you connected via HDMI to an HD TV?

F

f13ldy

I had this when I first loaded GTA. Was using 1080p the PS3 reset then went to 480p.

I reset the PS3 changed back to 1080p output and all was fine...

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Ok the issue you have is that you were trying to run a PAL game on a NTSC system, this wont work well unless your using HD as that is a worldwide standard, if your using SD then you have the NTSC / PAL problems, with some games not working at all or running in black and white. if you have a HD tv and a HD cable run the game using that you shouldn't have any problems.

theblacksheep

Established Member
Darth is correct.

I have a Japanese PS3 and and the UK copy needs to run in HD. It wouldnt work on a friends std TV through composite or scart, but does through HDMI on my TV.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom