• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

GTA 3 - now available on App Store!

Simba

Distinguished Member
GTA 3 is finally out! Only [-]£2.99[/-] £1.99 aswell which seems to be a pretty good deal. 5 stars on app store!

App Store - Grand Theft Auto 3

Anyone played it yet? Bet it would be nice on an ipad 2!

Last edited:

Flashy

Distinguished Member
Would be interested to know what this is like on the iPhone 4, if anyone knows?

Sorely tempted, but as I've mentioned before, I've got a huge backlog of games, some I got months and months ago, which I've yet to even have a go at. Among them, Monkey Island 1 and 2, Super Monkey Ball 2, SFIV Volt, World of Goo, Sims Medieval, Need for Speed Undercover, Streets of Rage 2, as well as a few more.

Simba

Distinguished Member
Would be interested to know what this is like on the iPhone 4, if anyone knows?

Sorely tempted, but as I've mentioned before, I've got a huge backlog of games, some I got months and months ago, which I've yet to even have a go at. Among them, Monkey Island 1 and 2, Super Monkey Ball 2, SFIV Volt, World of Goo, Sims Medieval, Need for Speed Undercover, Streets of Rage 2, as well as a few more.

not sure. cant check out any of the reviews just now but see if youtube has any videos showing gameplay on the iphone 4 - maybe that would help.

SHATNERSTACTIC

Prominent Member
Seems to work fine on the iP4. I've found it smooth and responsive with no lagging or glitching so far. I imagine the difference will be the detail in the textures on the iPad2 and 4s version and maybe a higher frame rate. Will find out later when I fire up the pad.:cool:

For a fan of the GTA series, [-]£2.99[/-] £1.99 is incredible value and makes this a no-brainer for me. I find it incredible that a phone can run full-on games of this depth. Brilliant stuff. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Simba

Distinguished Member
Seems to work fine on the iP4. I've found it smooth and responsive with no lagging or glitching so far. I imagine the difference will be the detail in the textures on the iPad2 and 4s version and maybe a higher frame rate. Will find out later when I fire up the pad.:cool:

For a fan of the GTA series, £2.99 is incredible value and makes this a no-brainer for me. I find it incredible that a phone can run full-on games of this depth. Brilliant stuff. :thumbsup:

looking forward to playing this.

how does it compare to say Gangstar which is pretty much a GTA clone...?

of course this a rockstar game so i expect it to be in a different league...

Flashy

Distinguished Member
I managed to hold off buying last night. Then I woke up, eyes open wide-awake, at 4am, and wished I hadn't. Thankfully, I remembered I'd yet to play Game Dev Story, which I got the other day, and that saw me through until 6pm.

Only a matter of time before I click "buy" on GTA, though, I'm sure.

Simba

Distinguished Member
How are the controls?

really good and vey customisable - you can postition each control around the screen to suit and adjust what size the control should be.

the game runs very well on the 4S and probably a joy on the ipad 2.

Alex1990

Standard Member
Been playing this all day on an iPad 2.

Awesome....

I reckon the graphics are better than on ps2 but then again I always played it on an old CRT screen 10 years ago....

Bargain at £2.99, only one downside so far and that is the shooting, you can't aim so can be a bit tricky when in a gang fight with 10+ triads!!!

Hopefully vice city and San Andreas follow shortly :D

Fozzybear

Prominent Member
Am I right in thinking this won't work on an older iPod Touch? I have a third gen 32gb version.

Simba

Distinguished Member
Now £1.99!!

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Bought at the cheaper price last night, thanks, but yet to try it. Got it on 4S and 1st Gen iPad. Fingers the latter is ok!

Will try it out later, after I set up a 2nd Gen iPad my Dad is having on Christmas Day from my Mum. Fingers crossed I don't get version envy...

Simba

Distinguished Member

rbj

Established Member
I don't normally get on with touch screen controls for games like this but it works really well.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom