Gt60 @ John Lewis

BlueGecko

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if John Lewis will sell the new gt60 or just the vt models this year?

I've had several conversations with John Lewis about this. The short answer is no. No ST60, either. John Lewis is scaling back on plasma this year, with only the F8500 and VT65 available (at least that's what I was told).

They'll probably get a boatload of GT60s in next week now I've said the above...

I've had several conversations with John Lewis about this. The short answer is no. No ST60, either. John Lewis is scaling back on plasma this year, with only the F8500 and VT65 available (at least that's what I was told).

They'll probably get a boatload of GT60s in next week now I've said the above...

I hope that is wrong as i am looking to swap my vbi riddled GT50 for a GT60 as i discussed on the phone with them last month (when they got the new models in?) :mad:

I hope that is wrong as i am looking to swap my vbi riddled GT50 for a GT60 as i discussed on the phone with them last month (when they got the new models in?) :mad:

That was my original plan. I'll see the back of my VBI-afflicted GT50 in a couple of days.

I decided to go VT65, as I want the dual tuners, better speakers (I don't run all TV through my AVR), slightly better filter, and nicer styling. You pay a premium for these small advantages and I accept that the GT60 represents better value overall.

Other retailers are stocking the GT60 now, which doesn't bode well, but it's wise to check with JL rather than taking my word for it. You may get a different answer.

Im interested in buying a 55" ST60 and I emailed JL yesterday to enquire about it. This was thier response;

I am sorry to advise that I have been unable to find any information regarding when John Lewis will begin to stock the 2013 Panasonic ST60 range. However, I am optimistic it will be in the very near future. Please accept my apologise that I am unable to provide more information on this occasion.

Not very clear, but ideally I want the ST60 from JL due to the excellent customer service i've had from them in the past - heres hoping it will be stocked soon :lease:

hemalk7 said:
Im interested in buying a 55" ST60 and I emailed JL yesterday to enquire about it. This was thier response;

I am sorry to advise that I have been unable to find any information regarding when John Lewis will begin to stock the 2013 Panasonic ST60 range. However, I am optimistic it will be in the very near future. Please accept my apologise that I am unable to provide more information on this occasion.

Not very clear, but ideally I want the ST60 from JL due to the excellent customer service i've had from them in the past - heres hoping it will be stocked soon :lease:

They never bothered with ST50 last year, it apparently did not fit in with their product profile. As I was after the 65" in a bid to ditch my D6900.

Panasonic horse s$$$ ;)

Eh?

One things for sure my local last year just had a lonely 50" GT50, most the time it wasn't even on:rolleyes: sales people were also more interested in showing off the Samsung LEDs with dynamic on, got told myself to see how much better the colours were in comparison, apparently a sharper image gives more detail and the colours were better as they were more vivid and life like...it was in Dynamic! :suicide:
Couldn't resist and told the guy he was talking balls lol can still see his face bless him.:laugh: I could never get a job there, I know too much lol.

Ah yes unqualified shop staff, when I got my VT30 the salesman kept on telling me that the settings I was changing it to (decent settings) were not as good as the ones he liked, taking the remote from me and setting it back :facepalm:

I asked the JL salesman about when they would be getting the GT60 in and he told me 2 weeks.

Believe that or not but I see the GT50 has been cut yet again to ÂŁ699 - they are obviously keen to clear their stocks.

Was thinking about picking up a VT50 this weekend but if JL are getting the GT60 soon I might hold off.

Has anybody heard when Richer Sounds will get the GT60?

NaN said:
Was thinking about picking up a VT50 this weekend but if JL are getting the GT60 soon I might hold off.

Has anybody heard when Richer Sounds will get the GT60?

Or is there anywhere people would recommend using online with stock ?

Oh good so I hope john Lewis hurry up ans stock it. The vt series looks like it doesn't add much more for an extra grand

Oh good so I hope john Lewis hurry up ans stock it. The vt series looks like it doesn't add much more for an extra grand

Where'd you get an extra grand from? More like ÂŁ400-ÂŁ500

I asked the JL salesman about when they would be getting the GT60 in and he told me 2 weeks.

Believe that or not but I see the GT50 has been cut yet again to ÂŁ699 - they are obviously keen to clear their stocks.

J.L. website still says ÂŁ799, where did you see ÂŁ699 ?

D.S.

Why on earth would anyone buy the 42" then :rolleyes:

Does anyone here by at JL's advertised prices anyway? Most only buy from them after a price match has been accepted :rotfl:

Does anyone here by at JL's advertised prices anyway?

Erm ... that's me :blush:

I bought the GT50 off them just before xmas at their advertised price ... but it was with the offer with the free bu-ray player though ... and ... they did refund me 200 squid when the price went down after xmas :thumbsup:

Even my mate's Auntie Edna would have been proud of that deal :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom