• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

GT5 Online Gameplay Help Thread

Spooksta

Prominent Member
Ok, i basically got this game for playing online and will enter a few forum meets which should be fun.

Creating my own lobby is great as i can basically set it exactly how i want.
Searching for someone whose running a lobby how i want is another thing altogether.
All there seems to be filter wise is:

Track
Skid recovery
Region

Its a bit on the slim side option wise!!

You need to be able to look for car types and lap numbers at least.

Thoughts?

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
No ranking system or leaderboards??

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Anyone know if you can use your tuned car that you got in career mode and use online??

I have a maxed out nissan GTR specV 09 fully tunned up to the max and its sick as **** :smashin:

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Anyone know if you can use your tuned car that you got in career mode and use online??

I have a maxed out nissan GTR specV 09 fully tunned up to the max and its sick as **** :smashin:

Yes, select the car in SP mode and make it a favourite. Then in the online garage choose the 'favourites' tab and it will be there. :smashin:

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Yes, select the car in SP mode and make it a favourite. Then in the online garage choose the 'favourites' tab and it will be there. :smashin:

O yes thanks for the heads up :smashin:

Spooksta

Prominent Member
Being new to the PS3 is it going to be easy to meet up with m8s and join there races. This lounge thing seems to be where you do that but as i cant use it at the moment due to the online issues im not sure how it works... just after some hope!

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Online is working now i went on with my tuned car and one by 45 seconds lmao!!

Spooksta

Prominent Member
GT creator and Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi told Eurogamer that they've received quite a few demands and suggestions for online fixes, and the developers will waste no time in responding:

"We received a lot of demands for having more regulations placed on the online play. We're going to perform an update on the 27th that will include things like max power restrictions and weight restrictions.

It's like a living creature, dynamically growing as we speak."

This update will "refine the usability of the game to make it a better experience," which is really what we want from all big patches, right? Yamauchi adds that it'll be "hard to find an end to the process," what with GT5 being so freakin' big and so freakin' popular. So for the time being, or at least until the weekend, maybe you should just focus on offline stuff...you know, there's quite a bit to do.

Marv

Distinguished Member
Had a private game with a mate tonight and it seemed great. Had the game quality set and the lowest setting it was fine might try and inbetween one tomorow and see how that plays.

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
tried online and worked fine too except u cant create a private lounge and theirs no damage on online mode !

You can get your friends to look for your lobby, I done that last night. Just set up a lobby as normal and ask them all to join by PM/text/whatever, as it took a while before a random joined it.

There is also visual damage, as my GT-R took a beating from some random on my very first race...I passed him with the slightest of nudges (not enough to take him off line) on the London track and he proceded to then ram me from behind the next corner, and then decided to keep me against the railings so that neither of us would win.

He left before I could curse him in the lobby :thumbsdow

O

OilSlickz

Can i look for my friends lobbys without accessing "open lobby"? When i go into open lobby the game just freezes as soon as i connect to a server. I think some one else said you can access a friends lobby via another route but i cant find the post.

When i get home im going to add a few more people from here. Looking forward to getting some invites from some of you.

Spooksta

Prominent Member
Can i look for my friends lobbys without accessing "open lobby"? When i go into open lobby the game just freezes as soon as i connect to a server. I think some one else said you can access a friends lobby via another route but i cant find the post.

When i get home im going to add a few more people from here. Looking forward to getting some invites from some of you.

Go to "Community" and you get a list of your friends on or offline if they have a lobby going you can join it.

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Why is there no ranking system why is there no leaderboards why is there no trueskill why are the option so god dam ****??

Spooksta

Prominent Member
The online side is 4 or 5 years behind. Im sure it will be updated 1st one being tomorrow.

Id like to set My lounge up so we can only choose cars in our own garage but as far as i can see you cant.

For instance:

I want to set a lobby up for 300-350 bhp using my own tuned cars and other people using theirs in that range.

All you can do is select from the default list.
If i make the garage open people then pic cars out of the bhp.
Anyone can start the race when it should just be the Lounge host.

Hope they tweak all this.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom