GT5 - number of races?

drb5

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've tried searching the forum, but not found if this has been asked....

I seem to recall there being a lot more races in the different series, in previous GT games.

I'm halfway through Professional and knowing there is only 9 races in Extreme, i'm thinking i'm missing something?

I seem to remember being at previous GT's for weeks because of the sheer size of it, but this doesn't appear to be the same in GT5??

I made a thread asking this very same thing. Compared to GT4 at least the number of events in each category seems to be severely cut. There is a greater emphasis on B-spec mode this time, and also the 'Events'...but if there aren't more unlockable A spec events then I'm going to be really disappointed :mad: I'm level 15 and only 18 events left in A spec!!! C'mon Polyphony!!! GT4 took weeks upon weeks to clear the races! I need more!!!!!!

Are you going for the gold cups fellas using evenly matched cars or just flying through it with overpowered cars when compared with the opposition?

golds matey, regardless, the number of races in each class is disappointing. GT4 had up to 3 pages of races in each tier...

There must me something more you unlock, some are level 40+ i think so there must be more if you are 75% complete and only level 16?

I never cared for getting golds in the licenses, but in GT5 they've made that a NEED to do it for this level thing.

Older GT's gave you the chance to go nuts and use a hypercar in low level games, build up credits and buy/sell other cars to use in higher levels. Being so far through the main part of the game(A-Spec), means it has lost the GT "thing" for me. I know games must progress, but that's the way it's always been.

Hopefully an update will come. :(

Are you going for the gold cups fellas using evenly matched cars or just flying through it with overpowered cars when compared with the opposition?

That's one of the biggest problems with A-Spec, not enough restrictions on HP and weight. And even though it gives you a list of likely AI cars for each race, you never know exactly what the AI will show up in, makes it hard to get an even race.

My solution, play the special events and licenses, and play A-Spec when there's nothing else left to do.

Only got the top license left to do and halfway through the specials...even then it won't take long to do them!

Does anyone know then?

How many ranking levels are there in GT5? Cant find anything on the net.

I reckon at some point they will impliment something online so it ties in with your ranking?

Well it seems level 40 is the highest, but i get the impression it's the way it is until a "hopefull" DLC.

What does this have to do with how many events are in the game?

i was wondering if there was more too! I have the all stars event, the historic race and then its just the extreme lot of races to do. Although i've already completed the first extreme event. It seems you need to level up a bit to finish them though which means some grinding.

I was waiting for limits on hp etc to kick in like Prologue. I thought that worked well, prologue was challenging. Bit dissapointed with that.

Did they scrap that to make the game more accesible? Thought the challenge was always half the fun of GT, its not quite the same when you have to set the rules to challenge yourself.

So how do people get to level 40 then? Are they just playing the same races again and again? Think i'm level 20, but there is now quite a big leap between each level.

What does this have to do with how many events are in the game?

The speed at which people are completing the game.

I have been on most nights since release, playing a mixture of online, arcade, photo mode, b spec, a spec, time trials etc. and im only level 11(a spec) and level 3 (b spec) and still have a couple of races to do on beginner. I have always used slower cars than my competition to get a sense of satisfaction when you get the win and always gone for golds (granted it is easy early on). I havn't even bought a brand spanking new car yet.

I guess what im saying is if you are hell bent on completing A spec as quickly as possible of course the game is going to be over and done with quickly.

The harder the events the more xp is earned, so you'll get less xp in an Amateur race than you would for one in the Extreme section.

GT4 had 555 races to it - that wasn't including the missions (or special events as they are in GT5). Don't ask me how I know, I just do alright! :blush:

Some series in GT4 did consist of 10 races, such as Formula GT (F1) which was basically an Endurance league as each race was F1 style race distance of 2 hours / 200 miles.

Some events in GT5 only have 1 race which is a bit poor.

Last edited:
God, i even forgot about the F1 races!

GT5 will suck bid style, if things don't open up a LOT more later on. :(

God, i even forgot about the F1 races!

GT5 will suck bid style, if things don't open up a LOT more later on. :(

There are some secrets to be revealed... ;)

Reveal them then!

:D

Spoiler - you unlock endurance races once you reach level 25 on A Spec. The xp you earn is a lot so you level up quicker. I won't spoil it for what cars you get. The level 40 people out there are probably running 24 hour races, F1 races with Ferrari F1 2010 cars only etc etc. What you see in this game is not what you get :smashin:

Spoiler - you unlock endurance races once you reach level 25 on A Spec. The xp you earn is a lot so you level up quicker. I won't spoil it for what cars you get. The level 40 people out there are probably running 24 hour races, F1 races with Ferrari F1 2010 cars only etc etc. What you see in this game is not what you get :smashin:

Sounds good! Was getting a little worried. Hopefully the DLC will add more events as well

The speed at which people are completing the game.

I have been on most nights since release, playing a mixture of online, arcade, photo mode, b spec, a spec, time trials etc. and im only level 11(a spec) and level 3 (b spec) and still have a couple of races to do on beginner. I have always used slower cars than my competition to get a sense of satisfaction when you get the win and always gone for golds (granted it is easy early on). I havn't even bought a brand spanking new car yet.

I guess what im saying is if you are hell bent on completing A spec as quickly as possible of course the game is going to be over and done with quickly.

Ive barely done any a spec (half of first and 2 races on 2nd tier) but am level 16.
The specials give 1000's of xp so can rank up easy.

Ive hardly done many events, just the beginner and internediate Karting and beginner Nascars. Been spending a fair bit of time online which is where this game comes into its own. I need to have more of a crack at the special events, im dreading the camper van race, which i did try about 6 times before my game save corrupted and i had to strart from scratch again.

Lol i have just remembered why im only level 11, i got to level 8 the first time and lost everything due to my ps3 locking up causing corrupt game save.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom