GT5 custom music playlist shuffle problem

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Kaden101, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Kaden101

Kaden101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I have a little problem with the shuffle option on custom playlists for GT5. I did bring it up in

http://www.avforums.com/forums/gran-turismo-ps3/1364640-gt5-tips-setup-play.html

but it's bugging the hell out of me, & I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or found a way around it.

I copied a load of MP3's to the music section of the XMB, & created a playlist called "GT5 Race". All good so far.

Loaded up GT5, ticked the box to allow customer background music. Selected a song in my playlist, & went to "Play Mode", & turned shuffle on for folders.

Worked like a treat - for the 1st time. Unfortunately, everytime I load up GT5 it's turned Shuffle off, & I have to reset it in the options, or it just plays them in the order of my playlist.

It's been suggested in the other thread to use folders for the music instead of a playlist, but you can't actually create a folder on the XMB. If you press square it sorts them into what look like folders, but it's just arranging them into an order, & not physically moving the files into folders. Also, this doesn't help me, as the music is various randomness, so sorting it just puts everything in different folders. The only way the music appears together on the XMB is it's unsorted fashion.

Anybody else come across this problem, or found a solution for it? I'd love it, if I was missing something really simple.

2. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    have the folders on your pc first. then copy the exact folders you want to your xmb :)

3. Kaden101

Kaden101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Tried that. I copied all of the music onto a USB stick. Put it in a folder called GT5. When I tried to copy it back to the XMB it just wanted to disregard the folder & put everything on the root of Music on the XMB.

It's wierd, but it seems the shuffle has stayed on since I loaded GT5 up after the 1.02 patch. Probably completely unrelated, but it's the first time that I've loaded the game back up & I haven't had to fart about with the audio options to get shuffle working again.

Fingers crossed it keeps working.

Thanks

4. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    what i have noticed is this

you pick an album or playlist you want to use. when it says 'select a track' you choose for example track 3 and in 'play mode' you have shuffle on.

when the game uses your music, it will always start with track 3. after that has played, it will shuffle the rest.