GT4 slippage

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
looks like gt4 aint coming out till late july by the looks of things now just read it over at www.gamesradar.com oh well i`m more of a gotham man anyway :D :smashin: when you have the perfection why look for more.

have to say whilst I'm lovin PGR2 in every way, I finished GT4 Prologue a couple of weeks ago and towards the end it was the most fantastic driving experience I'd had on a home console. GT4 and WE8 are the only reason I'm keeping my PS2 :)

pro evo and vice city was the only reason i got a ps2 to be honest and now the box has gta and rumours are rife about the box getting pro evo wave bye bye to the ps2 lol.IMHO no driving game has come to close the excitement created by putting the GRAN TURISMO 1 disc on untill pgr2,GT 2 and 3 where severely lacking so i think i will wait but not get to excited about the hype around gt4,i remember the hype around 3 and that just didnt live upto to half the hype it got.

fair comments mate.
Only issue that I found with GT4 Prologue was the AI seems identical to GT3..which was definately it's worst feature. If the AI isn't sorted for the final release, I'll be queuing up with you guys binning my PS2 :)

Seems i've slipped into an alternate universe as i clicked on this thread. GT3 didn't live up to the hype!? GT3 is still easily the best "complete" (i say complete because Prologue is better, but not a full game) driving game you can play on a home console or PC. PGR2 is good but it's a mere pretender to the throne. PGR2 for me falls more into the NFSU catagory of good racing games. The GT series has always been superb and the fact that GT3 is still better than the latest racers (given it's age) is outstanding. When GT4 comes out you won't be able to buy a network adaptor for love nor money and the true birth of online console gaming will begin. PS2 has still sold 4 or 5 times the amount of consoles that X-Box has and PS2 relies on the old formula that Great games sell consoles not processor speeds, graphics power or doubling up as a low power PC. You only have to look at the fact that Sega are now rumoured to be announcing the PS2 exclusive release of Outrun 2 when the arcade actually runs on hardware very similar to the X-Box! They are also releasing PS2 exclusive updates of their classic games (like Afterburner, Outrun, Space Harrier) all in full 3D graphics under the Sega Ages label. Why ditch the best supported platform...??

Sonys problem is they have taken too long to get the online element up and running because for many genre of games its now the ONLY way forward. In terms of AI you cannot do better than a human being without some sort of inbuilt cheating
i.e. Bot cars do not crash, or always take the perfect line etc.
The future of sport and driving games is definitley online and im sure GT4 is going to be great , but how many people will have moved onto an Xbox because they have implemented LIVE so well?

GT3`s ai was the same as gt2 they still didnt have car damage and you couldnt just get passed by 1 car there was always flocks of them etc,it was good while it last`ed but it wasnt the step up it should have been.pgr2 is the first racing game i have played since GT1 that creates excitement.i dont really like reading to much into jap games before they come out here because of my experience with pro evo.pro evo seems always top be better imho when it gets to the uk,so maybe GT4 will be what im hoping for but if like its being reported the AI is the same it has failed already.

I agree wholeheartedly, AI is rubbish compared to playing against other people. I very rarely play GT3 against the computer but instead have some great long races with my mates. Online adds another dimension i agree (christ i've been playing online games for the last 4-5 years) but my fave is still playing with your mates in the same room. Give me 2 player GT3 or Pro Evo 3 over any online game any day! Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to playing GT4 online but there's nothing like beating your mate who's sat next to you. Think about it, every other real sport or game you play with people in the same room and that makes it more fun! I guess if you have no friends, or friends who play video games then online is a godsend, otherwise it's just a poor second to the "real thing" or simply an alternative when your mates are busy. People always have to jump on things such as being the 1st console online and say that "they've missed the boat on this one" etc but that's not the case really as anyone who wanted to play online games will already have a PC i'd say. Online gaming is old hat and will continue to filter more into the mainstream through consoles as the more popular games such as GT and PES include online features. At the moment the majority or console owners buy them so that they can play games with their mates, so online features will not really play much part in many peoples buying preferences. It's a fact that the majority of people buy the same console as their mates, which is generally the PS2 at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom