GT Sport-enough content for a single player?

MrMav11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now its been out a few days, can I ask if there is enough for single players? I know a lot of (hopefully free) DLC will be coming, but wondering after using if theres enough for single player for now?

Reason being, I'm not immune to playing online its just I'm not good enough! and don't get enough time to improve, so rather than just being beat all the time, I like single player stuff.

Although I've read about the "matching" mode for (rubbish!) players like me online, how is this working out?

I won't have a wheel either, is DS4 good enough?

thanks

There are just test to do really and an arcade mode with no proper progression , just pick a track a car and bank whatever xp it gives you to unlock new tracks and cars. Theres no real career mode.

I guess he's asking, is that satisfying enough?

There are also custom races, so you can make a single player career mode of your own. 34 track layouts (ignoring rally), 6 car groups (if you put all the N cars together) = 204 race combinations.

That goes up significantly if you start changing tyre deg / fuel usage settings.

Also you don't have to play against the fast guys online - you can set up lobbies with friends and just do what you want..

I think there is plenty of single-player stuff to do. I've had the game since launch, I have been playing it pretty much every day and I have probably completed only 20% of the single player things to do.

I do not usually play racing games online but the online part of GT Sport is really good fun so give the online part a chance too.

As for DS4 control. it's great, you can easily play it well without a wheel.

Isn't gt sport a very expensive demo? I remember gt prologue which was released at half price as it was half a game but this one has been released at full price with added multi player this has disappointed me so much I want the proper gran turismo to be released

If your happy paying full price for a packed out demo good for you but I think it's a shocking release they should be shot. If this was branded anything else than gran turismo it would get such bad press and probs 1/10 scores.

I finished all the single player stuff in 4 day's which included getting all gold crystals in Driving School, Circuit Experience and Mission Challenges, So was it worth it just for the sp portion of the game? Absolutely not, it all comes down to how good you are as to wether or not the sp challenge is worth the £40.

If your happy paying full price for a packed out demo good for you but I think it's a shocking release they should be shot. If this was branded anything else than gran turismo it would get such bad press and probs 1/10 scores.

Rubbish. I am totally in the anti-Gran Turismo camp and have hated everything Gran Turismo since PS2, and I am also a serious driving game fan, and play almost nothing but driving games such as Project Car, Assetto Corsa etc etc. and I absolutely love this game. Online is fantastic, and there's plenty to do offline as well.
I agree with Crafty, all the stuff from normal full GT games is not missed at all.

Rubbish. I am totally in the anti-Gran Turismo camp and have hated everything Gran Turismo since PS2, and I am also a serious driving game fan, and play almost nothing but driving games such as Project Car, Assetto Corsa etc etc. and I absolutely love this game. Online is fantastic, and there's plenty to do offline as well.
I agree with Crafty, all the stuff from normal full GT games is not missed at all.
Done twenty tracks and only some 160 cars and this has been in development for 5 years! Joke in my eyes. Online will be good but offline is shocking not much to do at all how can you say there is plenty?

Done twenty tracks and only some 160 cars and this has been in development for 5 years! Joke in my eyes. Online will be good but offline is shocking not much to do at all how can you say there is plenty?

As has been said before, there are 160 different cars, rather than 500 including 90 versions of the MX5, 40 Skylines, 75 Imprezas etc etc.
All I'm saying is as a hardcore driving game enthusiast who has grown to dislike GT games, I'm hooked by the fantastic driving experience, incredible handling, clever AI and fabulous graphics with high frame rate. I'm far from being a GT fan boy.
You seem to be in the minority thinking it's dreadful. Just saying.

I think it is, plenty of track experiences to tune skills and lots of editing functionality.

I was disappointed as most about the lack of single player content but once you have raced against real unpredictable human beings in the online side. Its impossible to go back to doing one off races against the AI or even just some of the missions. The AI driving is shocking, driving in convoy and so predictable. Its no fun. Before this game I never really touched online in any game, because I'm not very good, but with the two rating systems its fantastic and I love it.

efore this game I never really touched online in any game, because I'm not very good, but with the two rating systems its fantastic and I love it.
That's reason for me as I'm just not very good online, so so these driver rating systems really work? Are you matched with others as good (rubbish!?!) so can all have decent race?

Pointless to me much better players just racing off into sunset, may as well play offline by myself, but if this works it could be a game changer!

That's reason for me as I'm just not very good online, so so these driver rating systems really work? Are you matched with others as good (rubbish!?!) so can all have decent race?

Pointless to me much better players just racing off into sunset, may as well play offline by myself, but if this works it could be a game changer!

Id say it mostly works. Not very often I find myself going for win, but I think that because I don't know the tracks well enough, but I have some good battles that I enjoy and never lose by minutes with everyone else just racing off into the distance.

It does take a good few races for the game to find your level. Probably about ten of so. That will very depending on what you do. If you choose a track and car you really like, youd be out of your depth somewhere else, equally if you do ten dodgy races in a car/track combo, then find one you like you'll do better. Its just really a case of the more you race the more fun you'll have.

Last edited:
If this works it'll be worth it over any other driving game for me, and can imagine newer games will have this to.

Do you use a DS4 @redwinnie for driving? Was told using motion control on the DS4 helps as well.

Thanks

If this works it'll be worth it over any other driving game for me, and can imagine newer games will have this to.

Do you use a DS4 @redwinnie for driving? Was told using motion control on the DS4 helps as well.

Thanks

I do use a pad, not tried the motion control but cant believe it will have the delicate sensitivity required.

This game (IMHO) is simply Epic! Even for single player

Buy it for around £30 on the forum, play the single player stuff... and if need be sell it on losing only about a fiver.

I've done around 45 hours on the game now, pulled me right in.

Project Cars 2 got sent back the same day.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom