GT-DC SOLO TT Event

I'm in.:thumbsup:

The GTLM will separate the men from the boys.

Took me ages to even complete a clean lap :rolleyes:

And whats with the gearing on the nissan, awful for the track.

Sorry about the Nissan Nick, didn't try it before it was selected:( I thought after the short run on London, it might be okay for Suzuka.

The Ford should keep most people taxed for a few days I guess:). I've also noticed that the GTRP boys are using the Ford on Suzuka East at the moment. I've had a quick look on their site but can't find the thread relating to their TT competition. They've already posted 4/5 good times in the last 2 days.

Will be back next week to update the leaderboard and have a go at these combinations:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with using the nissan dave, i'm just moaning about the gearing, doesnt make it less fun.

Noticed a lot of germans on the leaderboard last night, makes sense now.

will be good to see how we all stack up against them. not going to be easy though. i've never 'understood' how to drive the ford GT's in this game and find them a handful.

Right lets see what this gtlm can do!

Funny that nick, that gt time of mine was about my third or forth lap when i was just throwing it around:D, when i tried to drive it sensibly i started losing time:rolleyes::D.Mike

Not my fave car but worth a go, have to do my 1hr in the corvette for the other thread first though.

Oh you set your sights so low:devil::D

not really Mike, your's was the only other time on the board. (hope you've noticed no TCS for me though ;))

I'd like to be able to say :hiya: to craig and BR but one has to be realistic?

Had about an hour with gtlm earlier and boy I struggled to tame the beast. Was very close to firsts pace coming out of first corner and going into first s bend but every time he'd lost me on the middle right hander. Just couldn't seem to stick with the pace.

Nick I think you've put in a very nice marker there mate. I just managed to beat it but only by a 100th or so, puts me 18th on leaderboard at the mo. I remember you was a force to be reckoned with on the last tt we done on this course with a rear wheel drive car.

Keep it coming mate:thumbsup:

thanks craig. i'm flattered and encouraged :)

hopefully i can squeeze some more out of it, but i dont think its a combo i can spend hours on in one sitting, requires too much concentration.

Okay so after 15 laps (and many spins offs) im about .3 off your PB Craig but just pipped Nicks time.

Feather Throttle Car this requiring smooth turning of the wheel as well but i could get to like it.

I like it br...its one of my favs.

Put an AVF tagged ghost in the top 10 where it belongs.

Think it put me joint 6th/7th at 51.050.Will have a bash with the other car tomorrow.

Noticed rudi racer knocked 10th spot off earlier...my time knocks him just outside top 10 now:oops:

Ohh wait till i get my Clubsports with GT3RS :thumbsup:

Seriously though this is the kind of car that should benifit with more accurate steering and throttle. Whatever time i achieve here with a good honest try and with the G25 i will use this car/track combo to help evalulate the difference/benifits over a G25. Will be usefull as part of a review, damn thing better be worth the money...

Last edited:
51.122 for me now.

Amazing nick...took me 2 hours yesterday to get my fasted time. And really I got lucky on the last bend and somehow got a really nice pull out of it without even knowing how I'd done it. Before that I was struggling to get in the 51.1's.

You must be just outside top 10 eh?

yeah, i ended 11th last night.

i am all over your ghost mid-lap but just cant hold it together for the first and last turns atm.

i ran quite a few 51.1xx's so i'm hoping i can give you a run for your money on this :)

Good man, I'm glad someone is giving chase. Don't tell robot but I think the GTLM is a bit of a handful for the old boy:devil:

Good man, I'm glad someone is giving chase. Don't tell robot but I think the GTLM is a bit of a handful for the old boy:devil:

Im in the friggin business again tonight (wedding fittings) that doesnt mean i dont look on here every so often to keep an eye on ya and this "slick nick".

I mean like how dare he interfere with our usual battles Craig and he put in a swell time on the Vette too.

Its great to see guys still sticking at this game and getting better with it. RWD is not to my advantage but will have a go again at this tomorrow, noticed craiggers your mid lap is a bit off on the long right hander well your that wide i thought your car was going for a drive-in at mcDs or summit but as you say you still manage to pull out a good time at the end where your always good ive noticed (swine)

Good Racing & Good Craik :smashin:

I'm sure it won't be too long before you post another AVF tag in the top ten mate. Would be good to show gtp and gtrp that some of us avf'ers can mix with the best of em! I assume gtp are doing this car/track combo now also judging by rudi's efforts yesterday.

With regard to 'slick nick', without doing him to much of a injustice I am truly impressed by his latest time, his first effort was what I considered a good time, but his latest effort has got me quite concerned!!

Would be nice to see some of the other lads come out of hiding for this one.

Yeah with ya all the way on what your saying...

Ruddi is very close to what i feel you an I can achieve from the limited time ive been in competition with him.

For me RWD means i have to be more patient, i like a car i can man handle a bit more and is maybe why ive got so used to 4WDbut in this the wheel spin and drifts cost time so it requires a very managed sensible drive gently squeezing the throttle, easy on the brakes and keeping a flowing line.

Although their is skill in this and controlling the power i just find it less entertaining almost but certainly wiling to put in a hour or two. Top 10 should be possible, no make that top 10 must be achieved.

What I like most with the high powered rear wheel drive cars is the sense of satisfaction when pushing to the limit..just about holding onto the line while feeling the rears slightly lose grip and then correcting by turning back in and/or feathering the throttle!

Personally nothing puts a smile on my face more than tearing round a corner and getting the back end out a bit:thumbsup:

10th :thumbsup:

was deffo on for a sub 51 that lap but lost my bearings slightly when i got in front of the ghost i was chasing heading into the final turn.

well almost worth a mention 51.305 for me:cool:, obviously light years behind you guys:), couple of hundreths, , funnily can beat both your ghosts through the second split but cannot for the life of me get a decent line/speed through the last corner:rolleyes:, maybe i have a blind spot in my right eye cause i have the same problem at fuji on the last corner:rolleyes::). mike

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom