GT-7000 - PS3 - Surround System

richard-

Standard Member
Hi,

I am all new to projectors I am just wondering the best option to connect all these items together, what cables do I need because I notice on the projector there is only one HDMI port.

With the HDMI port I guess I could connect my PS3, how do I go about connecting the sound. :D

Thank you

dwhite

What surround system is it? Its hard to recommend a connection method without knowing this.

richard-

Standard Member
It's an old Samsung DVD system 2:1. Until I can find a new one I am using this temp. I think it only has scart and component connections. Looking at the projector I guess I could use the component connection?

dwhite

By component do you mean stereo RCA (Red and White).

With a PJ, you usually have an AV amp which you can send all your video and audio to from your sources, then from the AV amp to the PJ for video, with the AV amp switching between your sources for you.

richard-

Standard Member
By component do you mean stereo RCA (Red and White).

With a PJ, you usually have an AV amp which you can send all your video and audio to from your sources, then from the AV amp to the PJ for video, with the AV amp switching between your sources for you.
Yes, red and white. Do I have to buy an AV amp? or is one built in the projector? :)

dwhite

No you don't have to buy one and no there won't be one built in to the projector. It just easier and convenient to have one.

Do you have any other sources other than the PS3? If you don't then connect the PS3 via HDMI to the PJ and via the multi out connector to the samsung for the audio.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom