GS20 fronts and RS centre?

SonicHedgehog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a pair of Monitor Audio GS20s which I plan to use as front speakers in a cinema system. They're currently running off a Quad 909 which I intend to use as part of the cinema system and have the centre and rears powered by the reciever. My question is, could I get away with RS centre and rear speakers? I'm looking to buy second hand so the usual demo route isn't really going to work. Thoughts?

Hi. I have a pair of Monitor Audio GS20s which I plan to use as front speakers in a cinema system. They're currently running off a Quad 909 which I intend to use as part of the cinema system and have the centre and rears powered by the reciever. My question is, could I get away with RS centre and rear speakers? I'm looking to buy second hand so the usual demo route isn't really going to work. Thoughts?

You could, but it's not a great idea as far as the centre speaker is concerned.

Depending on your kit, and the layout of the room, you could run a phantom centre, which would give you a perfect match.

Thanks for your reply. Could you explain what you mean by 'Phantom' centre?

Thanks for your reply. Could you explain what you mean by 'Phantom' centre?

Some AV amplifiers have the facility to create a phantom centre channel when a physical centre speaker is not connected.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom