GS20/60 deals GSLCR? comparison with GR60?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by djflair1, Feb 12, 2009.

1. djflair1

djflair1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi yesterday i bought some walnut gs10's which i love already think theylook amazing now looking for either gs20/60s and a gslcr anyone seen any good deals on these? Is there much difference between the gr and gs 60s? So far ive had a mixed response i spoke to one guy who upgraded from the gr to gs who said he noticed a fair bit of difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. tdtm82

tdtm82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I paid just over £400 for the GSLCR. I think £430 after Sevenoaks' discount. An exceptional buy considering how bloody good they are. Go buy. No knowledge on the difference of quality yet with their new range. However hope to upgrade my rears in future with the new ones. The GSLCR is AWESOME. Gets better once it warms up!!

3. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Is the GS series about to get a makeover then, or new version being released? Really important for me to know right now as demoing GS20 Saturday, already paid a deposit. This info really important for me, appreciate any info you have.

Cheers!

Dan.

4. djflair1

djflair1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Not as far as i know it was meant between the older GR range and the newer current GS range. I thought the GS20's sounded fantastic not sure what finish your after but i saw a set of piano black GS20's in a shop reduced.

5. Member 639844

Member 639844
    Former Advertiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,182
    dont know where you live, but I happen to know my local seven oaks has a pair of ex display GS60s for 1700. Might be worth you knowing.

6. Member 639844

Member 639844
    Former Advertiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,182
    Not heard anything on that front, but seeing as the display gear is starting to be sold it might be happening.

7. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,239
    I checked this out with my local Sevenoaks dealer that is fast becoming a member of my BT friends and family list. :D

He confirmed that GS range will be around for some time yet as there are no plans to replace it that they are aware of.

Ex demo kit usually comes up for sale when they have a customer order canceled and the same model already as a demo unit, if you want the colour of the demo unit they will sell it and use the canceled order for the demos.

I know this as I tried to get them to sell me the kit I demo'd