1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grundig No Satellite Signal - Fix

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by s3marc, Jun 30, 2005.

1. s3marc

May 10, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    My Grundig sky box started giving 'No Satelite signal is being received' on certain channels (105,301,401 etc....) so I rang sky 'Its probably the LNB, that will be £60 sir......' , so I upgraded to sky+ and multiroom, so I get a brand new quad LNB. Week after the engineer reinstalls grundig and sky+ same problem happens.

A little browsing on the web and I found out that it could be due to a faulty power supply in the Grundig. so on Monday I sent the PSU to www.mces.co.uk with my cheque for £18.80 and on Wednesday it arrived back and IT WORKS 100%

Hopefully this will help other people.

Funnily enough my Grundig was 2 1/2 years old, and about 3 days after originally ringing sky to tell them the problem, I received a 'extend your warranty on your sky box' offer - so in my opinion, they knew what my problem possibly was and wanted even more money out of me.

p.s Now all I need to do is moan about my Amstrad sky+ box having vertical lines on it, and try to get it replaced with a pace box