Grundig GDV 520 Replacement

drf62

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hiya

I have one of these, bought it new from Currys on what turned out to be a bad recommendation, it is woeful. Been using it / tolerating it for years and have put up with it's many shortcomings, however now it's started eating discs so it has to go.

So. I've come here for advice from those in the know. With what can I replace this DVD player? I don't want to replace the amp. I like the surround sound and all the speakers and wiring are built into the room. What I am after is something that I can plug into the amp and TV using the existing connections which are:

SURROUND DOLBY 5.1 OUT:
Left: Surround Centre Front
Right: Surround Centre Front

STEREO AUDIO OUT:
Left
Right

TV VIDEO OUT:

S-VIDEO OUT

DIGITAL AUDIO OUT:
Coaxial

AMPLIFIER CONTROL OUT
(I assume this is for the remote control audio volume up and down)

SCART OUT

I'll admit that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this stuff, so I just would like a straight swap for something I can plug in and play. Any suggestions? I've read about that Compacks DVD 5000 from Safeway/Morrisons but I guess this is no longer available.

Oh. I'm in the UK.

Best wishes and thanks in advance

D

not really sure what you need have you just listed all of the connections on your current machine?

which ones do you actually need? (what tv and amplifier do you have?)

I am not aware of any current dvd players with 5.1 analogue outs you may need to look at second hand, unless you are considering bluray samsung sell one. Hopefully your surround sound has at least one digital in, if not it may well be worth replacing it anyhow.

Last edited:
Hi

Sorry I've been really busy and just got round to catching up. Mentm thanks and after much consideration I agree and think it's time for replacement of the DVD player, amp, also my PVR and TV.

I'll have a wee rummage around on here and see what's the best options for all. I will of course check here for advice before I part with cash this time around.

Cheers
D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom