1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grundig Digibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Setenza, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    For the past 24 hours, my Grundig Digibox has start "crashing". The box is usually left on, to accomodate Tivo, but when manually try to change channels using the + or - keys on the remote, it switches off and resets itself.

The same thing happens if you try and change channel using the TV guide. The only method that seems to be partially successful is to key in the channel number by hand using the number pad on the handset.

I have reset the the box. I have also phoned Sky who advised a "forced software download" (reseting the box whilst holding down the backup key on the front of the Digibox) but this does not seem to have improved matters.

Is this a software problem or a fault on my Digibox? Anyone else had this problem?

Any advise would be gratefully recieved.

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    So your saying that I am experiencing a common problem?

Basicly, time is of the essence. Is it worth a repair or should I just try and purchase a new Digibox.