1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grundig Digibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by acs1, Sep 22, 2002.

1. acs1

acs1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had sky installed for about 9 months now and we started having problems with our Amstrad box not coming out of standby etc....this was replaced by a grundig box by sky, we then found that this box would switch to interactive every five mins or so and would not allow us to use sky box office over the telephone line, with a error message saying "ensure that a telephone line is connected" even though in the system test it says that there is a line connected. Spoke to sky and they sent out an engineer which replaced the box yet again for another grundig box but different model...and in silver (which impressed the missus) This box again will give us the same problems with sky digital and another fault has appeared that when using RGB mode on my DVD player it will not output RGB to the TV although the other boxes did......!!

Any help appreciated

Adam

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +611
    what happens with your grundig box when looping rgb through it ??

do you get any picture at all ??

have a look at my post here

ring any bells ??

3. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried this on my grundig box!!! :mad: and it's the same!!! i was taking output from my pioneer player into the grundig loop through and well as you guess the picture although crisp had blue and red the wrong way around. ****s!!! LOL!!

lookes like i'll swap around the pins i think i can open mine!?!?! i think. anyone tell me what numbers are red and blue?? i'm no technician. thxs

4. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not 2 worry just got a diagram do i swap pins 7 and 15? i'll have a go.:blush:

5. acs1

acs1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, rings lots of bells, would you believe just had the same problem start on the Scart lead to the TV now!!! Glad sky are coming on Wednesday!

6. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    swapped the pins 15 and 13 with 7 and 5 and now i'm getting RGB through to the TV. :devil: thank god!!

7. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +611
    i swapped the red and blue and dint bother swapping the grounds but it worked fine.

what a balls up on grundigs behalf.