Grundig CUC4510 Dead

clifton11283

Standard Member
Hi

I got a Grunding CUC4510 dead. There is also a squeling noise coming from the board. I tried to change the electrolytics in the power supply but the set remained dead and with the same squealing noise. Anyone has got an idea what could be faulty? :lease:

Thanks

Last edited:

NST

Could be a number of things. Have a look through some faults listed here. A few may be related to your specific model.

clifton11283

Standard Member
thanks for your help but couldn't find anything that could actually help me, but I kept that site for future reference cos it's quite interesting.

I tested the set without the line output transistor and without the transistor in place and set swithed on I found 163Volts on the middle 'leg' while with the transistor in place the voltage dropped down to around 6 Volts. Do you think its the EHT transformer that went faulty?

mechanic

It is almost certain that the line output transistor (easily checked on ohms)or the line output transformer is short circuit.By isolating them from the main HT proves this.Best replacing both of them for reliability.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom