1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grundig Cinaro problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by joflo, Dec 20, 2003.

1. joflo

joflo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought 1 month ago a Grundig Cinaro 82 cm 16:9 screen.

I was happy with the colors , clarity and features for the price i paid , but then i have noticed something that bothers me , more and more.

When there is a darker image (on brown side or dark blue side) and the subtitles (white) appears the size of the screen changes 3-5-7 mm of difference on horizontal , and when subtitles are changing fast on a not moving image is like hell.

Can someone confirm this on Grunding similar products (Xentia maybe), Cinaro TV?

The Mask of Zorro is a very good movie to test this problem.

Thanks a lot,
    Joflo

2. Stuart Brooks

Stuart Brooks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a fairly common problem, probably present to a degree on most CRT sets. It is also more noticeable on widescreen sets especially when displaying a 4:3 image as you then get a chance to measure the straightness of the sides.

Grundig TVs tend to have the contrast set too high or at maximum at the factory for testing purposes and the contrast should be reduced for normal viewing. This will reduce not only the effect you describe but also any blooming of the white image.

I'm guessing you're based in mainland Europe as Grundig pulled out of the UK before introducing this set.

Stuart

3. joflo

joflo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Stuart,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed i am from mainland , and i am rather worried as i hear that Grundig is on the way to broke.
    I have written to them , and no answer.

I have tried to lower contrast , other changes , but no succes.

The problem that even i have a fair ammount of white (like the one from the volume bar) the image is still flickering with the subtitles appearance.
    So i do not think is about the final hi-votage tension , but something before ...

Any other ideeas?

thanks,
    Joflo