1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grundig 310/2

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by yatesd, Oct 15, 2002.

Tags:
  1. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am trying to find out some information about the Grundig 310/2 DigiBox.

1) Does anyone know whether any of the Scart connectors are RGB.
    2) Does anyone know whether it has a digital out connector.
    3) If you have a Scart out and use the S Video out, is the image sent on both cables. Basically I am looking to try and connect up via Scart to my main TV (via video) and then have the S Video out going to a a distribution unit to send the image to a second TV in a seperate room.

Thanks for any help or advice,

Dave.

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    i have one of these and yes you choose rgb or composite for the scarts but the s-video socket is always on.

there is no digital out connector :(

one thing to be aware of is alot of these machines are wired incorrectly for rgb loopthrough, so if you want to link your dvd player or say an rgb console through the digibox you need to swap the blue and red pin inside the scart on the scart that you are looping through.

this does not affect hooking the box up to your tv via rgb.

i have one scart that i have swapped the red and blue pins on that i have kept to one side if i say bring the terrestial tv box down from upstairs.

but the s-video is a godsend.

3. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for that answer, that is exactly what i wanted to hear.

I assume then that if there is no digital out, there must be standard right+left composite outs for sound when you use RGB Scart??

If so I reckon I will connect up direct to the TV via RGB, then get a S Vid to Scart to go to Video and from there direct into TV Transmitter for second TV. For sound standard component sound cable to AV Amp.

Does that make sense??

Thanks,

Dave.

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    yeah that makes sense.

you can go rgb to tv via scart which also carries audio then take the audio out of tv to amp.

and for recording or video distribution use the s-video and analogue audio outs.

job done :)

5. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one, thanks again!!

6. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one thing to be aware of is alot of these machines are wired incorrectly for rgb loopthrough, so if you want to link your dvd player or say an rgb console through the digibox you need to swap the blue and red pin inside the scart on the scart that you are looping through. .........?????

How is this possible to manif. incorectly wired .....??.....

Pls, explain....